Worksman - LIEUTENANT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the chance to ride but I did get some better pics. I am really happy with how this thing turned out.

img0151ol.jpg

img0153xm.jpg

Nice work. I really dig the color scheme and black components. Now if only I could find some Specialized tires like that.

dope i love how the shifter looks like its from some old tractor splendid show lieutenant

Congrats for the front page article!

What kind of tires are those? Look like cream fat franks with a black surface? Looks awesome!

ichi bike said:
how do you put a 1and 1/8 head set and fork in a 1" head tube?

here's the easy way: http://www.genuinebicycleproducts.com/parts.html

the hard way, you take a loose ball 1.125" threadless headset, use the original cups, and play around with different quantities and sizes of smaller head bearings til you get a sweet spot. Do a search; another member gave explicit details. I'd say: just get the $45 one, done right. We all try to save money, but you won't save much unless you already have cups, a loose ball 1.125" threadless headset, and a enough of the right bearings. Plus, your $45 supports a rrb member who is manufacturing stuff right here in the states.

The other way is to ream out the frame's headtube from the 32.7mm for the old american 1" spec to the 33.9 used by modern 1.125" headsets. This could compromise the frame's strength, and will certainly enrage anyone who buys the frame from you.

Please note: all 3 of these methods will only work with older 32.7mm headtubes. Wont work on most roadbikes, mtbs, mini bmx, or newer frames in general.

-rob

ichi bike said:
how do you put a 1and 1/8 head set and fork in a 1" head tube?

Ichi

The fork is a 1" fork.

The head tube is an odd size just shy of 1- 1/8" so I used 1- 1/8" to 1" adapters, they were a little large so I had to file them down to get them into the frame.

After that is was business as usual pressed in a 1" sealed bearing head set and called it a day.

Outstanding looker, nice tires and everything else.

FANTASTIC JOB...!!!...Thanks for sharin' the Build..... :) 8)

MIGZ said:
The head tube is an odd size just shy of 1- 1/8" so I used 1- 1/8" to 1" adapters, they were a little large so I had to file them down to get them into the frame.

MIGZ, where did you get the 1-1/8" to 1" adapter? I've been looking for something like that myself.

what about going the other direction i have a new 1and 1/8 frame that i would like to but a 1" threaded fork
is that possible

Latest posts

Back