Worksman - LIEUTENANT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here are a few pics of one of my projects called THE LIEUTENANT. Few pics of how I picked up the frame from Chuck's and some current pics after powder coating.

Here is where I was removing the chain guard tabs that will not be needed in the final product.

011no.jpg

This took a little while. Had to get the rusted out seat post from the frame.

016li.jpg

Now after some powder coat.

062yh.jpg

065gzq.jpg

Here she is with the rims. What sucks is that the color on the rims has been discontinued and the powdercoater can't get more to do the hubs so the hubs will have to be silver.

040xj.jpg

Next step is to start saving for the parts to finish building her up.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That green is awesome. i'll be watching this one for sure.

Cheers,
Dr. T
Yes the green is a really good color w/ the rims ...what about black hubs..[ i see the forks ] :shock:

outsider13 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:

Cheers,
Dr. T
Yes the green is a really good color w/ the rims ...what about black hubs..[ i see the forks ] :shock:

I thought of that but thought that the red wheel black hubs and silver spokes would be too much. What do you think?

MIGZ said:
outsider13 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I thought of that but thought that the red wheel black hubs and silver spokes would be too much. What do you think?

That depends on ..IS you're LIEUTENANT a pencil pushing, desk jockey, - R.E.M.F! [ chrome]., ..or a hard charging, front line, snake eating DOG of WAR [black]
I'd go w/ the black :lol:

This LIEUTENANT is a hard charging, front line, snake eating DOG of WAR, but I still laced up the wheel with the silver (not chrome) hub. :wink:

All of the other components will be black.

Here we go.
Pressing in the BB adapter from American to Euro
031di.jpg

Adapter is in and so is the BB
037sl.jpg

048myn.jpg

Had to get some Shims for the head tube to actualy fit 1" head set. The Head tube is an odd size close to 1-1/8.
045mm.jpg

Pressing the Shim in
050ut.jpg

Pressing in the headset
052tba.jpg

Cutting the steer tube and setting the star nut
053tvy.jpg

054xrm.jpg

I started doing stuff an forgot to get more pics here she is. Still need to do more.
059gr.jpg

Joe,

That would be awesome its a two stage first you shoot the base and then the clear activates the color. The shop called its dormant red but I think the manufacture may call it something different.

If you can name some of the manufactures I can tell you who it is.

Prismatic Powders makes a ton of 2 stage powders including Lollypop Red. A base coat of Super Chrome is cured then covered with the red top coat. Dupont also sells the the same powder but it's called Jollypop Red. They actually buy it from Prismatic Powders. If that is the color, I have enough left to coat the hubs. I would be glad to coat them. I've attached a link to the Prismatic Powder site below and an example of a hub & rim I recently coated.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/

309501_2165397218288_1347380667_31882238_637537928_n.jpg

375816_2165399818353_1347380667_31882239_1808870307_n.jpg

from this pics that's not quite the color I will ask tomorrow and let you know. Ill try and get a better picture to show the color.

Latest posts

Back