Worksman/Firestone Super Cruiser mashup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the patina on the old ladies Firestone super cruiser but the frame had two large holes that significantly compromised structure.

Decided (based on suggestions from folks here) to mashup the Firestone and an old Worksman frame.

Here is a mockup so far.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Trying to decide between a Nexus 7 speed or a Sturmey 3 speed?

White walls obviously, but maybe brown fat Frank's?

Sway back seat post to lengthen the cockpit a bit.

Looks good on that frame!

I'm not sure what you've got going on with spacing the headset, but you might try removing the spacers below the springs and putting them on top of the top bracket to get the bracket down next to the headset. Does that make sense?

I didn't realize those were spacers. Mine are solid but probably just rusted on. I get making these adjustments and lowering the springer fork bracket. I will need to cut the top of the threaded fork since the monark forks and Firestone headset are much longer than the worksman. I already extended the threads by about 1 inch so I'll need to remove about 3/4 inch from the top and then reinstall the stem.

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but it looks like there isn't enough give in the springs to get the bracket an inch or so lower if you move the spacer above the bracket. Maybe have to cut some coils off the springs to get it low enough?

It's stacking the same pieces, just in a different order, so you shouldn't have to cut them, I didn't have to.
If I recall (forget a lot these days), I did mine on the repair stand with the wheel off so there wasn't any force pushing/pulling against me.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restocked the spacers on the forks as you hits suggested. Seat post and seat installed. Pedal and chain. Just need to install my shifter cable

It's an homage to KingFish254 Rockefeller build. Loved the details of the Firestone and had an INB frame.

Latest posts

Back