Work in progress.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Had this old 62 sears layin around with its female acomplice.sold the ladies version to someone to make a kustom and they didnt need the tank,rack or c/g,so I used them on this.The tank was a bear trying to get to fit a mens frame,turned out well.The eyes still light up.Made the spedo into an upside down beer can with removable cover.Finishin' up with the seat soon,will post some more pics.Let me know what you think so far
S7300139.jpg

S7300140.jpg

S7300143.jpg

S7300138.jpg

-Kreep-

Crazy Eyeballs! I like the bike and the beercan speedo.. original

Right on,thanks for the kind words.RZ94-my old shop was in Safety Harbor-heck,you might have gone to it,now im in oldsmar.If you need anything ad far as old parts,or complete bikes let me know I still have tons of stuff left over.Be nice to see another ratroder around town.
-Kreep-

Were you on the street by the railroad tracks?????? If so, I was crushed when I went by and saw you were gone! Send me your new location! I'll spread the word for ya!

I just realized, after re-reading your post....you inverted the tank to make the girls tank fit the mens frame???? What a great idea.....I always seem to find these with an intact lens and housing in the girls style.....never crossed my mind to invert the tank...... how bad was it to fit/ mount to the mens frame? And yes, if you were the shop down the road from Whistle Stop at the corner of Main, I was in your shop a few times. I was always envious of your "collection", in a good way!

Check this one out.......the girls twin....

sarahsbike1.jpg

Yep,that was me by the railroad tracks.I closed the shop and now strictly do resto's and kustoms in Oldsmar,I will message you with my number and location.What you saw in my main storfront was the tip of the iceburg.I had 2 more shops in the back filled with stuff.The tank wasn't to bad to fit on there,slight modification of the mens tank mount on the headtube and weld on a post under the toptube to hold the tank.Look forward to talkin with you more.
-Kreep-

Hey, I just bought a tank that I think might be off a girls' frame, and I was wondering what I'd have to do to get it to fit a boys' frame. I'm glad I read this; I might be bugging you for advice...

--rick

Just an update and a few more photos.I finished up the seat today wich was a real task,I plan to post some more about making the seat.But I wrapped it up and toped it with an old western shirt for now(might change).So there she sits as of now,a few minor things might change,I'll keep the masses informed.Thanks.

S7300160.jpg

S7300161.jpg

S7300164.jpg

-Kreep-

nice...nicer! man, I've been slammed at work, I'll have to try and catch up with you soon for the Sunday ride you mentioned......have to try out the newest cruiser in the barn...
and have ditched the goofy reflectors... cool seat!

100_0424.jpg

Thanks for the comments again everyone.I still have a few minor details to do,but as they say,it's never finished.Low-life,as far as the spedo-go for it,it's not to difficult,if you run into a problem let me know,I'll try to help.Dingo-Definatly hit me up soon,haven't been able to go for a ride lately,but im working on something soon.Been buisy going through all of this,so let me know,I got lots o' stuff.More updates on the bike as they happen.
S7300165.jpg

S7300166.jpg

S7300167.jpg

S7300168.jpg

-Kreep-

how do you know where anything is. an i thoudht my shop was bad. lol.man you just need more bikes.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back