RRBBO13 Wine me, dine me, 29 me! (The art of being sidetracked)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool homegrown frame. Has similar lines to a Ruff Dean. This should be fun.

Cool frame...did it come with a fork?

It did come with a hand-made aluminum triple-tree fork. However, I will not be using it as the steer tube and lack of bearing races make it a bit unorthodox.
The guy that built this bike is pretty good with fabricating and will be assisting me with modifying this frame to suit my needs.

Cool frame a bit like a ruff hard time frame. I can picture tank in it [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2AE54F0-29E2-47C8-8200-6038D5152EBA.jpeg
FB94AB57-1EF1-4CD2-824C-76141227F4F5.jpeg
Thinking of going with this vintage Monark fork. Added new bushings, hardware, and axle plates to fit the axle rather than alter the originals.
I also have a black Schwinn style springer that might be cool.
Still waiting on my welding buddy to add the tank section for me. Slow going at this point.

The frame seems to be tilted forward with that setup. Can you add some spacers below the bottom bearing race to raise the front a little?

The frame seems to be tilted forward with that setup. Can you add some spacers below the bottom bearing race to raise the front a little?

Cool frame, I am with KF on this one. looks like it needs a little raise in the front...

I agree, but look at the rear wheel... it's off the ground by 1 or 2 inches, so it'll look fine I reckon once it's sitting on both tyres. :nod:

Glen.

Latest posts

Back