Widest tire on Worksman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly collecting parts for an INB frame I bought from Chuck...and am wondering whats the biggest tire anyone has put on a Worksman. Seems like the Fat Franks are the way to go. Any other choices out there?

On my INB, also from Chuck, I couldn't go bigger than 2.125 in the chain stays. Everything else, frame and forks, were wide enough for a wider tire.

313hjls.jpg

I have close to 1/4" on the chain stays on mine with 26X2.125 Duro Tire. You could bend that area out some and you may be able to get 3" tires on it. Look at "The Renaissance Man" (WBO) 2015, Bhuzzard build on page 3, post #54 is the tool or similar tool he used and page 8, post #141 shows the results he got for more clearance for his chain. It would work for the tires as well and looks neat.

My Worksman. Also from Chuck. These are nice and fat looking tires.
0201151234.jpg

I got Franks on an unmodified Worksman; don't think I'd want to put anything fatter on there....as it is now, I gotta make sure the wheel is pretty danged close to perfectly trued to avoid rubbing....

If, like Roadwarrior says, you modified the chainstays to allow more clearance though, yeah.... the fork and the seatstays have plenty of room.

Guys, a lot depends on rim width. I have Fat Franks on my Worksman M2600 (not sure if the chain stays have the same clearance as the INB), but they are on 1.75 rims. I also have Fat Franks on a Hiawatha ballooner on 57mm (2.25) rims and they push the Fat Franks out to 3" when fully inflated.....which will obviously not fit between the worksman chain stays

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back