Why I've made no progress on my bikes...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I retired after almost 24 years of naval service. Work, this ceremony, and job hunting have taken a lot of my time. Now that my naval career is behind me, and until I have my next challenge locked down, I should have more time to devote to my projects. Expect some updates in the near future.

12039770_10203590654646256_5308154390578999266_n.jpg

(I'm the guy sitting)

12042634_10203590341918438_8437144804060756499_n.jpg

We'll done Sir, I don't think I could have done 24 years. I don't know what's over your next horizon,but atleast now being At Ease should actually be easy.

Hooyah

Congratulations!

I also served 24 years, but not as I wanted, in the Navy. I only was able to serve 12 years in the Navy before politics cut that short. But I consider it a privilege to have been given the opportunity to serve in the Navy, and later the National Guard and Air Force.

Fair winds and following seas!

CONGRATS!!!
Thanks for your service to our country!
Also thanks for your service to our RRB community.
Now GTB!

Just noticed this post, Crash. Fair winds and following seas, brother. My retirement a couple of years ago was from the reserves, so it wasn't as big a culture shock as you're going through right now. Still, after 20 years, even with a lot of that being reserve time, ending that was a big decision for me, as it was for you. I hope your job search is going well. Are you planning on staying in the Lamoore area? Message me if you need anything, brother.

The job search is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought I had a job on lock but got the call on Friday that they aren't moving forward with me. That's about the 10th rejection I've gotten so far. It seems that military service isn't as marketable as I thought it would be. Plus it's taking a lot of time from bikes. I'm getting worried about the future, so bikes are taking a back burner.

Hang in there.
I went through many rejections before something good turned up. After all that, I thought I would have to work at Walmart after I retired. But my good job showed up out of the blue, only it was in North Dakota. They needed someone qualified with a clearance. Nothing else was open in my field anywhere, so we moved to Grand Forks. Other than the 2 month summer, it was a great place to live (and bike). It paid off 3 years later when the company rewarded me with my dream job at Mayport, in Florida.

The job search is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought I had a job on lock but got the call on Friday that they aren't moving forward with me. That's about the 10th rejection I've gotten so far. It seems that military service isn't as marketable as I thought it would be. Plus it's taking a lot of time from bikes. I'm getting worried about the future, so bikes are taking a back burner.
You know, it's been said for every yes there are 10 no 's. Sounds like a new career is on its way.

Thanks for your service crash . Devoting 24 years to any thing is a great accomplishment but to the service even more so with with such high demands . Good luck with your future career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back