Who Still Has (and uses) a Record Player?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sitting here listening to an Animals LP on my Acoustic Research XB1 turntable and it's just so cool. I just need a better (re: old school) receiver. Maybe soon...

Yeah man. Thorens TD 115
Hit my favorite record shop today. Came home with no new albums but we had a nice visit with the cat.

At one time I had a collection of records that was over 13,000. Now I own zero. I had a cool upright turntable that could ply both sides without flipping the album. Kinda miss the whole experience sometimes, but I also like having 300GB of music at my fingertips now.

Indeed! I bought my 1968 GE foldaway off craigslist almost 10 years ago. Worked perfectly then; works perfectly now. I've thought about getting a high grade vintage system, but this old solid state has been good to me.

0a9ZdZB.jpg

Nice tables guys. Right now I run mine through a 90's era Pioneer receiver. Nothing too exciting but it does the job.

Kingfish: I agree that digital music is ridiculously convenient, but when I'm home and just want enjoy an entire album, and I have it on vinyl, I'm gonna do it that way.

I have a reproduction suitcase record player (mono only). I bought it about 10 years ago. Sounds like crap just like they did in the 70s but I like it. Been picking up records for 25 cents to a dollar ever since. Mostly old folk music like I was raised on. Was listening to Pete Seger and Mamas and the Papas the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used mine most recently to rip some of my old vinyl to MP3. It came out good but will be better if I get a better card for the computer.

A very small selection of whats in my collection. sorry its sideways.
Charlie Patton, Dock Boggs, Leadbelly, Furry Lewis, And a couple of multi sets with some great tracks.

Latest posts

Back