Who has homemade bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see sites with easy builds and try them out, i dont have the best skills but i get it done. remember, duct tape is your friend! the headlight is a 1,000,000 candlight power spotlight stuffed into a bike headlight, it is rechargable! the bike rides great except for in the thick snow, i spin the front tire easy then.please post pics of your homemade who cares bikes.
roland012.jpg

roland011.jpg

roland010.jpg

roland009.jpg

0012.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
007.jpg

001-3.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
07.jpg

OK here are my homemade bikes. They are made using aluminum honeycomb composite material as the frames on these bikes, there is NOT a tube frame in these bikes.

First I built the "Captian America" bike (formerlly know as the "Razor Bike", which was named that because of all the sharp points that have cut me several times ). There was a Schwinn Breeze head tube and bottom bracket epoxied into the composite on this bike, I also used the fork, stem and bars( bars extended 4 "), front wheel/tire, 2 speed kickback hub (LBS laced to standard 26" wheel), crank assembly, and seat frame (extended 2 inches), from the Breeze. The peel and stick mylar covering was for the Coasters BC 4th of July ride, and I liked it so I left it on. The mylar does coverup the rear wheel dropout.
DSC00089.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Then I built the "Alumasled" using a Schwinn Co-ed head tube epoxied into the composite, and used the fork, front wheel, and 2 speed kickback hub (LBS laced to 24" wheel with 24 x 3 tire) from the Co-ed. The bottom bracket is an after market eccentric (so the chain ajustment is made at the crank not at the wheel ) epoxied in the composite. This bike uses 3 piece crank and stem from other bikes. It uses aftermarket cruiser handlebars (bent narrow and extended 4 inches), and pedals. The seat is homemade. This bike was edge filled so that the honeycomb is hidden and was covered in a wood veneer. For a stand I use a lug wrench hung on the rear axel nut.
LMBBDandride068.jpg

sled1.jpg

Someday I am going to build a chopper and a trike, when I do I will show the build on RRB so you can see the process of building this style of composite bike.

mine was two garbage picks(ok three or four :D ) all meshed together with some off the shelf(my shelf) parts trown in and some paint. aka "Stretch"
DSCN5511.jpg

choppers...

chopper1.jpg

Built this with a neighbor kid who rode it into the ground
j_chopper.jpg

Another built and given to neighbor
stretch_chop.jpg

Stretched Cruisers...

limo.jpg

grapette.jpg

Swing Bikes...

schwing1.jpg

swing.jpg

Tall Bikes
tallbike1.jpg

Built for neighbor kid who after seeing mine wanted one. And of course it had to be taller. He rode this bike everywhere, many miles.
tallbike2.jpg

tallbike3.jpg

wow theres some great inspiration in this thread right here people!!! i cant wait to finish mine!

Easy E

Cool bikes. I love DangratDans' Razor Bike...nothing quite like riding a giant X-Acto blade on wheels... :mrgreen:

Here are two of mine- first is my current chopper, made out of an OCD Schwinn Sting Ray and conduit.

100_0001.jpg

The forks are Huffy MTB forks with polished anodized aluminum legs.

100_0004-6.jpg

Next is my Beach Cruiser, made out of an old bmx bike, some 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" steel and a beach chair.

100_0006-4.jpg

100_0007-1.jpg

Let's see more homemade bikes.

Pete, The lawn chair bike is cool. How does it ride?

Dan the aluminasleds are great. Mine too is a composite but wood. No metal tubes, just the steel dropouts.

Most have seen this before
WOODIE2.jpg

Very cool bikes!! i love the lawn chair bike pete! Has anyone made a 4 wheel bike or know where i can get ideas on how to build one? im starting to like these homemade semi recumbents and want to make a single and a two persone , 4 wheeled bike.

cman- It's a little tricky to get going but once underway it's really easy to ride. You can lean back in the chair and ride one handed while you sip your favorite beverage. :mrgreen:
I love your wooden bike, especially the seat...too cool. If I had better woodworking skills I would love to try building a wooden Tiki bike. By the way, is that a Redline stem on there?

bits n pieces- There are a bunch of sites that have 4 wheel bike info...here's a couple I was looking at-
http://www.americanspeedster.com and http://www.ultimate-quadracycle.com

bmxerpete said:
I love your wooden bike, especially the seat...too cool. If I had better woodworking skills I would love to try building a wooden Tiki bike. By the way, is that a Redline stem on there?

No just a cheap Pyramid. I needed a stem that fit 21.1mm fork and had a 7/8" clamp.

Hey!, I got some of those!, here they are.

Green Manalishi, former granny trike.

trike002.jpg

The chopper, siamesed murray and schwinn frames, homemade forks.

chopper.jpg

British Steel, English 3spd recumbent.

brtshstl.jpg

My commuter, Power assist LWB USS recumbent.

lwb001.jpg

SWB USS recumbent built from a Mongoose mountain bike.

Lilly.jpg

Latest posts

Back