Who can I.D. this one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue what brand it is or if it's original, but I'm guessing it's a cheapo. It doesn't matter to me much since I got it for free, but I'd like to know who made it if anyone can help. From what I can see, the pedals say "WALD 7111", the coaster brake arm says "COASTER ??? BRAKE" (see pic) and "MADE IN TAIWAN", the tires say "SHYH HWA" 26"s and the kickstand says "ESGE LIZ PLETSCHER" (aslo see pics). There's no serial number I can see on the BB unless it's covered with all the spray paint, nor is there a head badge (or trace of one) or names on the rims, hubs, frame or chain guard, which has a weird marking on the rear (pics). I hope someone can and will help and sorry ahead of time for the crappy pics, but let me know if I need to take anymore specific ones to help. I'm gonna start the tear down soon.
002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

From tearing it down I found that the fenders are Wald also. While looking at another frame in this section I found one that looks almost identical other than the 2 threaded hole things on the rear stays, even the same forks and his is claimed to be a Torker, could this one be?

Looks almost like my 90's Western Flyer that I think was made by Huffy or it could be a Jamis Earth Cruiser because of the fork but I'm not really too sure on either though.

kngtmat said:
Looks almost like my 90's Western Flyer that I think was made by Huffy or it could be a Jamis Earth Cruiser because of the fork but I'm not really too sure on either though.
Wow, after looking up pics I'm 99% sure it's a Jamis Earth Cruiser. From pics, even the chain guard has the same arch, same BMX style goose neck and BMX style white walls. It also makes sense that I have the Wald rat trap pedals. Thanks a lot.

Now I'm not so sure. I got a faint code on the BB under the paint reading G F 6. Garry Fisher I assume? I can't find anything under GF6 in google though.

It doesn't look like something Gary Fisher would want to be associated with. :mrgreen:

I don't think it is the Earth Cruiser either, the drop outs have two sets of eyelets unlike the Jamis which had one set.

I'm starting to think it's one of those really cheap Malibu Hopper/Ming Cruiser bikes that I have seen and even a few members here have, worth more for parts than as a complete bike in the best condition most would only pay $50 the most or less.

Very well could be a Malibu Cruiser. The forks, chain ring, tires and goose neck all look the same. I haven't found a pic with fenders and the GF6 still boggles me, but oh well. I wasn't expecting anything super fancy or worth it's weight in gold either lol. I got this for free from doing a side job that I got paid for so it wasn't anything I took on trade, just something that was leaning on a fence I asked about and was givin to me. Thanks for all the help, I never knew so many different brands used alsmost identical setups. I have a 3 speed OCC chopper here with flat tires so I'll use it for parts and turn this free POS into a rat rather than cleaning it all up. Besides I need a daily rider with no D.L. and DUI classes a few blocks from my house.

If they're Wald fenders and marked as such somebody probably put them on themselves.

kngtmat said:

All Huffy's no matter what vintage have stamped dropouts, so not a Huffy.

irideiam said:
All Huffy's no matter what vintage have stamped dropouts, so not a Huffy.

Not true about the dropouts.

Never the less,it is not a Huffy. It could be one of numerous companies out there.Have fun with it-looks like someone already has.
-Kreep-

Thanks for all the help and comments guys. I'd guess it's just an old Malibu Hopper, but like I said, the only thing bothering me now that I can't find info on is the GF6 stamp on the BB. I'll have fun building a budget rat though, here's a mock up...
002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back