Whippet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much KOTA! :D I guess that's the beauty of this site, all the things on here to enjoy watching and be inspired by. I get a lot of ideas from watching how you guys bring bikes to another level with your custom work and I'm glad if the stuff I build can give a little inspiration back. 8) And the whole vibe of people doing something for the fun of it is another brilliant aspect of RRB. :)

And so I'm back, from outer space
I just walked in to find you here, with no update on the mighty Whippet :D

Thanks UTR1! I hope it will turn out nice. The whole build is a bit of an experiment. :D

Hey Gdcast! Good that you're back! Finished some of the things you needed to attend to? :) Myself, I haven't done anything bike-related for quite a while. Today was the second, and last, test this week so now I hope that I'll manage to make time and have the energy for some building in the coming weeks. We'll see what happens! :) It sure would be nice to get all bikeparts out of my studio... :roll:

Gdcast said:
And so I'm back, from outer space
I just walked in to find you here, with no update on the mighty Whippet :D
gdcast.....im guessing you were listening to cake? perhaps,perhaps,perhaps?
glad schools almost done and im also looking forward to seeing more :mrgreen:

Galt, I´m in the process of finishing the last touches of my new place, spent the first week of the year painting walls :? and the second on the beach :D . I haven't done anything bike-related since last year and probably finish the paint on my friend´s bike this Saturday morning.
Now I´m back at work :cry: , listening to miscellaneous music including Cake :wink: .

If you like to test more colour combos just let me know, I´ll gladly help you with that Bro! :wink:

Hey guys! :)

Crazy couple of months in the cold north! Took a little break from bike buildning to do some painting, and and also try to come up with a construction for a pedal to play shaker and some other percussive oddities with my feet. Didn't mean for it to last so long, but then came the second maths course and mechanics and a lot of rehearsing with one of the bands. Anyway, a little less than three weeks until the tests and then I'm hoping to be able to spend some time on the bike again! :)

Hope all is well with you all! :)

Before, bicycles and music coexisted in love and harmony, then came maths and mechanics... :D

Hook my drums up to my bike, now that would make a spectacular event! :D

Thanks Tommy, good to know! :lol: I'm starting to feel somewhat frustrated not having had enough time these past months to hang around this place.

Galtbacken is the only one I know of on the forum that can do no work on his bike and still get over 7,000 hits. :lol: :lol:

Hi again, it's been a while!
I haven't had enough spare time to make any progress on the bike, but I hope that I'll get the opportunity to do some more fiberglassing in not too long (yeah, I know I've said things like that before... :) ). It's been so much studying for me this year that it's been really hard to do much of anything else.
Anyway just stopping by to say thanks to everybody who keeps checking the build out eventhough there hasn't been any progress on it for so long. I'm very grateful for the interest you're showing! :)

roland365: Do it! :)

I'll try my best to be back with new pics soon!
Take care until then everybody!

Finally some progress! Very minor, but still! :D
Yesterday I was scheduled to be some sort of supervisor at the workshop (they need people to keep an eye out so that everyone follow safety precautions and so on), and although I didn't really feel like it was the best timing (had an exam today) it felt good to take a break little break from studying.

Here's what I managed to do:

Lyktor4.jpg

Lyktor5.jpg

Those photos will be self explanatory in retrospection, once you see the next few steps of fabrication. ;) An yes, I like simple tools. :)

My last exam before summer is tomorrow. After that I'm hoping to be able to make steadier progress and also to follow more of all the builds going on here!

:)

Looking great Galt, just like the drawings.
God speed on your final, we´re all anxious to see you back building :D

Hey Galt!! Hope you do well on that final exam. It’s nice to see that you didn’t forget about all of us Whippet fans!! Nice work buddy! I’ve always been a fan of simple tools my self.

"If you can’t fix it with a hammer, than you have an electrical problem“ :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Can't wait to see the next steps! :D :D

Gdcast said:
God speed on your final
Half Link said:
Hope you do well on that final exam.

Thank you very much!! I hope they went ok, but I haven't got the results yet. :)

Sometimes I have a somewhat too optimistic estimation of what I'll be able too squeeze in time-wise, and manage to get done. This week I had planned to start doing some more serious building, fiberglassing the frame and starting on the front fender and so on. Then today when I was packing to leave for Torsby where I'm planning to stay most of the summer I realized that not only wouldn't the Whippet fit in my tiny car with all of the other stuff but also that I will not really have time to do much building this week either. I'm going to rehearse with a band for some upcoming gigs this summer and I really have to practise some on my own as well to get back into shape for that. So I decided to go get the Whippet and bring it here next week instead. Then it will be built slowly parallell with a couple of other bikes that I'm commissioned to build this summer (one for a gentleman and one for a lady). I hope to get into gear in a week or two! :) Until then I'll be trying to get my chops back (studying really hasn't helped my drumming :lol: ) and also to sit outside with my watercolours and do some painting, just for my peace of mind. :D
Stay tuned for updates, they will come even if this build won't be my quickest yet!

Oh, and Half Link, I agree about the hammer! In Sweden there's an expression "det finns många finesser på ett järnspett", translates to something like "there are many features on an iron-bar lever". :D

Galtbacken said:
Gdcast said:
God speed on your final
Half Link said:
Hope you do well on that final exam.

Thank you very much!! I hope they went ok, but I haven't got the results yet. :)

Sometimes I have a somewhat too optimistic estimation of what I'll be able too squeeze in time-wise, and manage to get done. This week I had planned to start doing some more serious building, fiberglassing the frame and starting on the front fender and so on. Then today when I was packing to leave for Torsby where I'm planning to stay most of the summer I realized that not only wouldn't the Whippet fit in my tiny car with all of the other stuff but also that I will not really have time to do much building this week either. I'm going to rehearse with a band for some upcoming gigs this summer and I really have to practise some on my own as well to get back into shape for that. So I decided to go get the Whippet and bring it here next week instead. Then it will be built slowly parallell with a couple of other bikes that I'm commissioned to build this summer (one for a gentleman and one for a lady). I hope to get into gear in a week or two! :) Until then I'll be trying to get my chops back (studying really hasn't helped my drumming :lol: ) and also to sit outside with my watercolours and do some painting, just for my peace of mind. :D
Stay tuned for updates, they will come even if this build won't be my quickest yet!

Oh, and Half Link, I agree about the hammer! In Sweden there's an expression "det finns många finesser på ett järnspett", translates to something like "there are many features on an iron-bar lever". :D

My favorite tool is the Tuning Hammer!

Looking forward to the finish photos!

Latest posts

Back