When a crazy idea becomes reality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been in the workshop today working on this. I've almost finished roughing out all the panels now. I was a bit worried that it was too big so I brought the bike into the shop. This is the first time they have been side by side and I like it!
All the panels are larger than they need to be so that I can trim them once I'm happy.

20170318_134451_zpsdxwsjzeg.jpg

20170318_161039_zpsbrmllp4f.jpg

IMG_20170318_154934_771_zpsinmvlzsa.jpg

Oh and there is a video of this on my instergram page "dc66uk" it gives a better overall view.
I haven't figured out how to post videos on here! Lol

Oh and there is a video of this on my instergram page "dc66uk" it gives a better overall view.
just have to copy the link and past it in there
Untitled_zps9lbwq96k.jpg

just have to copy the link and past it in there
Untitled_zps9lbwq96k.jpg
Well that's half of it...
It will take links from a few places but not directly from your computer (or cellphone) I think the easiest is from YouTube. But you need a YouTube channel to host your video, then link it to here like OneHorsePower said.

Carl.

Well that's half of it...
It will take links from a few places but not directly from your computer (or cellphone) I think the easiest is from YouTube. But you need a YouTube channel to host your video, then link it to here like OneHorsePower said.

Carl.
ahhh! yeah true , making a youtube chanel is pretty quick , you could also upload to Facebook

I've tried from Facebook and photobucket but no dice so I'll try youtube
Yeah you can post from facebook... but not everyone can see it...I see you have the YouTube working. COOL.

Carl.

Yeah you can post from facebook... but not everyone can see it...I see you have the YouTube working. COOL.

Carl.
rly ? well you have to make it 'public' but is there any other reason? cause thats what i use as hosting site now:confused:

Back to the real subject at hand...
The bike is awesome! Your fabrication skills are simply amazing!!! Seriously wonderful project here

Thank you for all your kind words, they help me keep motivated. :)

I've started to put the pieces together this morning.
These two form the lower "port side" strip

20170408_103425_zpsoaudoebx.jpg

20170408_110628_zpszi2j50uo.jpg

Tacked

20170408_111514_zpsacx6qxa1.jpg

Welded

20170408_115557_zpszmzcvihs.jpg

Filed and planished

20170408_115916_zpst3ql7pbg.jpg

Offered up to the buck.

I'm getting quite excited over how it's starting to look! :)

It's been a while since I last posted, but I have been working on this I promise!!

The welding is mostly done, as is the planishing ( thank goodness !) I haven't posted pictures as it's all a bit tedious really lol

Anyway, I'm now on to the assembly.

The bead roller came in handy to make a joggle in the base edge.

20170427_181933_zpstw29vzw4.jpg

This allows the strip above it to sit flush

20170427_184717_zpsyya4iy0c.jpg

Then this edge will be riveted with solid dome head rivets.

I still have a few decisions to make: copper or aluminium rivets? what to do at the front? What size wheel to use? How to mount it to the bike? ( although I do have a pretty good idea how I'm going to do that)

Also this will be fitted to a subframe so I can mount it on to a separate chassis with 4 wheels........... :)

Latest posts

Back