Wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not a bike build, but a wheel build. The rims on my '41 Firestone were a little crusty, so I swapped the hubs to another set of rims that I had on the shelf. Since the bike is a "Pilot", I thought the Snoopy valve caps were a nice touch.
Before
pilot1.jpg

After
pilot7.jpg

pilot8.jpg

pilot9.jpg

Awesome bike Terry. Nice work on the wheels too.
One of those frames is on my wish list.
I love the long tanks and the curved seat tube.

Awesome bike Terry. Nice work on the wheels too.
One of those frames is on my wish list.
I love the long tanks and the curved seat tube.
Thanks! It isn't the most high dollar Firestone badged bike but is one of the harder ones to find...I am pretty happy with it. My bucket list is to own one of every style Firestone ballooner. I figure its a fun hunt even if it takes me 20 years!

Terry, you know Snoopy has to fly backwards when he is facing that way...

I actually have the same frame waiting for a build (no tank). Rg
Yeah, that was quite the conundrum. Spent as much time thinking that through as I did lacing up the wheels. The other way he is backwards when sitting still. I figure while pedalling, you can't really see him

Last edited:
Yeah, I have seen that one. It has the floating hub.....a seriously cool hub design. I've seen two of these models with the floating front and two with the ND hubs. Not sure if it was an option or what. Either way, that is nice!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back