Wheel bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  1. Picked this up today while having my Jamis put together.

2. Huffy Wheel Bike badged for Belknap Bluegrass Hardware out of Louisville, Kentucky. I believe it to be all original and only missing some rubber/vinyl strips on the pedals and one of the axle caps on the front wheel. It still has the bright orange piece of cardboard in the chain guard. Rear Firestone tire is still good. Front Firestone not so much.

3. Most of the chrome is shot, but the rest of the bike should clean up well. I have more pics if someone wants to see them.
    Wheel 01.jpg
    Wheel 02.jpg
    Wheel 03.jpg

That's an awesome find! The orange piece in the chain guard should be plastic if original. Probably very brittle, so be careful with it.
The axle caps were on for shipping, but removed on the showroom. Apparently those were kept on. I would take the one off, but that's me.
Are you sure about the rear tire? It looks pretty bad on the left side, but that may be just the picture. The front can be pretty easy to find. 20x1-3/8". Kenda makes one if you want to go cheap.
Yes, the chrome looks shot. It was pretty thin chrome to begin with. You could rechrome it to restore it, but that could get pricey.

What are your plans with it?

Very cool find! That bike is great, all original parts there. The sissy bar is tough to find when you need one, that is a Persons made 48". It is a shame about the rust, but with a little work you can get that back into shape.

Are you headed to the Memory Lane show this week? if so I can bring some parts I have that might help you restore it. Send me a PM if you are!

I can't. This is my long week/weekend to work. I still might be interested in what you have and what it would cost a single dad of two teenage boys. One of which starts college this month...

I can't. This is my long week/weekend to work. I still might be interested in what you have and what it would cost a single dad of two teenage boys. One of which starts college this month...
Oh boy. I'll tell you that the only way this would be cheap would be if you just restore what you have. If that were in my possession I would start with a big tub of oxilic acid (wood bleach) and soak those parts. Then I would spend about a year polishing everything. If you did that you could bring it reasonably back to life.

Bring them along they would dig the show!

Bummer you can't ride over, but send me a PM and I can help with some parts. I would love to see that one brought back.

Bring them along they would dig the show!

Bummer you can't ride over, but send me a PM and I can help with some parts. I would love to see that one brought back.

Bring them? My coworkers? That's funny! My supervisor has his dad's Speed-O-Byke that his dad got new as a kid and won't even bring it out. I think he's got the "It's just a bike" syndrome.

Good to see you found the muscle bike guys Chips.

That bike looks cool but why does it have a steering wheel on it and why is the shifter hooked to the brake? :39:

I've gotta work during the Memory Lane show too...poo. I need to make it up to another one of those.

Buy me something cool while your up there Rob!:D

The steering wheel is factory and it's not a shifter hooked up to brake. It's a coaster brake hub but also has a separate "Drag Brake" on the console. I'll post a pic of what I'm referring to.

I meant your sons not co-workers haha. But the co-workers might like it too.

I will see what I can find Chad!

Indeed it will. Looks like a lot of green on that Super Stock, get out the Easy-Off :D

Latest posts

Back