WHATS THE MATTER WITH THIS FORUM?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no building going on. kind of wondering why! there is some great builds going on and really no new one's started. what is happening? :( :!: :!:

Outlaw

it does seem kinda slow... I was sick the first two weeks of Sept. and the had to bust my hump the last two to catch up... :roll:

Well i have a few unfinished builds on here so i can only speak for myself, my builds have paused because im having a ball riding my recently finished Villiers bike...... but plan to get back into my builds when my motivation returns..... but i too have noticed the decline in builds. I can only guess its the downturn in the economy thats causing it :x :x :x :x :x

yeb, can understand all that. it's been a little cold here and raining so been hard for me to get motivated too. to damp to pain. I have my rails to trails to finish painting and can't. not heating up my shop yet either, saving on the heating bill for now. lol. thanks guys.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
yeb, can understand all that. it's been a little cold here and raining so been hard for me to get motivated too. to damp to pain. I have my rails to trails to finish painting and can't. not heating up my shop yet either, saving on the heating bill for now. lol. thanks guys.

Outlaw 8)

LOL. Not only was it raining yesterday, but it was also hailing while I was outside digging a trench. I just sat there and thought.. seriously? Hail? And then 20 minutes later it was sunny out. Stupid Illinois weather. But yes weather does effect ones mood when it comes to working on projects, especially when they involve working out in the garage.

ya got that right.lol. I just didn't feel like working on El Thunder today as I needed to weld the front end up. it was cold and rain off an on. so I started another build that I was hoping to do for an anything goes build off but I guess that won't be . so I'll just start my build by myself.lol. oh well that's life. guess build offs are kind of burned out for now.lol

Outlaw 8)

I'm SLOWLY gathering parts for my next build. Hoping to do a cool custom this time, but like I said, this one is a slow go....taking my time.

Doing some small parts restorations in the meantime, a long spring saddle, converting an old tractor light to LED. And drawing, drawing, drawing.

Cheers,
Dr. T

very kool dr.T. let's see some of your stuff or are you teasing us.lol.

Outlaw 8)

Sorry, but this one's gonna stay a secret for a while, a long while...... :roll: I've been designing and gathering parts for almost a year now. I figure I'm about half way there. The plan is to do something completely different with things we see on here everyday.
Stay tuned...............

Cheers,
Dr. T

oh I hope your doing like my EL THUNDER, something different. I like BT's but really, there is more to do then that. can't wait to see what your coming up with.

Outlaw 8)

stocksucks said:
Hey there.
I've got a new boardtrack racer up the sleeve, built with a 252cc. 4 stroke 6hp Lombardini engine.
I'm gathering parts, but it's been a slower process 'cause of my 4 month daughter...
Keep rollin'

Cant wait to see what you come up with...... did you get your Villiers bike running properly yet? Would love to see more pics or a video 8)

Too many other projects and not enough money so the bike is backburnered for the foreseeable future. ive got a car to keep running (87 vw cabriolet) a car to put in storage and start working on (my 54 olds) a scooter to strip the rest of the way and primer/paint/assemble (62 lambretta LI125) a halloween costume to build, and a couple other minor things. god i need a real job lol

harry76 said:
stocksucks said:
Hey there.
I've got a new boardtrack racer up the sleeve, built with a 252cc. 4 stroke 6hp Lombardini engine.
I'm gathering parts, but it's been a slower process 'cause of my 4 month daughter...
Keep rollin'

Cant wait to see what you come up with...... did you get your Villiers bike running properly yet? Would love to see more pics or a video 8)

The Villiers is runnin ok. The carb is better tuned now, but the clutch and trans are still the same.
I decided to leave her like it is. It was my first btr and I need to remind myself of the mistakes I've made.
The new btr will be the same stance and look wise: simple and - I mean frame, wheels and engine. Nothin added, just the essencial. I think that's the key. But the engine is more powerfull and the trans will be as Dowie Soetenga advised.
I've seen your pics. When will we see a video of that great ride?
Keep rollin

Well i still love your bike Stocksucks, even if it has its problems id still love to have it as a display.

Ive put up a video of me riding it a while back

The maiden voyage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QjsEiUzYwE

A stationary video of the bike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRiiakg ... re=related

And here is a video of when i took my bike to a velodrome, but the bike was running terribly, ive since added a new sparkplug and cleaned my air filter and is now running really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KChdBcKiKZE

Latest posts

Back