Whats in your pocket?

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by scrumblero, Jan 31, 2011.

1. scrumblero

scrumblero

0   0   0

I loaned my pocket knife to someone today and they laughed at it because 1/3 of the blade has been sharpened off.. :roll:

SO! time for a new knife.. What's in your pocket!?!? I always try to buy the latest and greatest, This is what I'm carrying now... Gerber EVO jr.

[​IMG]
  2. Fe2O3

Fe2O3

0   0   0

I like Camillus Knives with the speed ast.
    This link is my daily it has the AUS-8 stainless blade: http://www.amazon.com/Camillus-19045-Se ... B001K2DRI4

This is an older knife, I've had mine for a few years know. When it came out it retailed at $75. So at today asking it's a great deal. AUS-8 is a great blade steel.

This is another version of the same knife, I carry this one when I dress up a bit. It's the CUDA Dominator has an S30V stainless steel blade with ROBO assist, and anodized titanium handle.
    This is just an outstanding hi-tech blade steel. It's very thin profile. I can wear it inside my belt with just the clip between my belt & pants ALMOST undetectible. I got both from a vender on e-bay.

[​IMG]

Both of the steels hold a very sharp edge.
  3. Graylock

Graylock

0   0   0

I've got a hole in my pocket :shock: ...........from carrying to much stuff from work. I always carry a blade and feel naked without one. I would be without my wallet with my drivers stuff in it and feel nothing but reach for my gone knife and I would be freaking out all day. I have had all sorts of knives from Buck to a Swiss Army and even a Leather Man. Now I keep an assortment, mostly thin body ones that won't tear a hole in my pocket.

Schrade has a thin one with a black plastic handle that comes with a stone for $10 at ACE when it's on sale. I Lost my last one but it will turn up sometime but I have a new one in the package ready. The dull and over sharpened one of these is in my boat stuff and I use and I use that to open Quahog's (koh- hawg's) and oysters.

In my pocket right now is my alltime favorite cheap but handy Barlow pocket knife with the two blades. You can peel an apple one minute and dig a splinter out of your hand the next. I have several that I found at the dump and other free places.

[​IMG]
    The one on the bottom is for weddings and funerals while the scrimshaw and pink granite is for show but the Barlow is my favorite. All razor.
    Not impressive I know but if you want to be impressed then it would be my fillet knife thats on my dash board of my truck like everyone else here on Cape Cod.
    I once went to a Northeastern graduation at the Boston Garden (whatever they call it now) and I was screened at the gate because of one speaker, (Albrite?) but a secret service agent wanted to take it from me. He questioned my wife and she smartley said in a Cape Cod accent, " He's a country bumpkin, they all carry them". Got to keep it if I didnt show it :D

Graylock
  4. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    Depends what day of the year it is..... :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

This is my usual.
    [​IMG]
  5. scrumblero

scrumblero

0   0   0

:shock: OOOoooo im digin the tanto on that one, does it have the fast tab on the back of the blade?

Grayloack: I used to be an "Old Timer" guy till I got a paraframe as a gift and now I but the highest tech one I can afford :p
  6. CCR

CCR Certified Man-Child Moderator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Just a simple little Case Sodbuster. It does what I need, every once in a while I get the urge for something locking but I'm usually doing something I need a bigger knife for when that thought occurs :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
  7. scrumblero

scrumblero

0   0   0

FE203...that tanto is sweet!! :shock: does it have the qiuck tab on the back? (EDIT: opps never mind.... :roll: )

Graylok: I used to be the "Old Timer" guy.. but I was gifted a Paraframe and was amazed!! now I always buy the latest style..

My dad and his hunting pals all carry Crain's... I can't really afford a $3000 pocket knife tho.. :p
  8. Spokeshave

Spokeshave

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just a Camillus Army Pocket Knife. It does what I need. It's like an old friend that never lets me down. :D
    [​IMG]
  9. kngtmat

kngtmat

0   0   0

Just a good old MacGyver Swiss Army knife.
  10. thesuicideride

thesuicideride

0   0   0

i carry a spyderco now. miss my benchmade.... :cry:
  11. cman

cman Moderator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I don't carry a knife often but usually it is one of these.

The top knife is a [img=http://www.mooremaker.com/]Moore Maker[/img]

The middle knife is a Fruit/Veg knife made by Schrade. J.C. Watson Co. is run by my Uncle and my great grandfather started it. I use this when I go inspect onions for work.

The bottom knife is an older J.C. Watson knife from when my father worked for my grandfather.

[​IMG]
  12. TheFlyingDingo

TheFlyingDingo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

[​IMG]

Ive got a few colors of this...whichever one i find first, i carry...

Yeah...Its a box cutter.
  13. BrunneCustoms

BrunneCustoms

0   0   0

These are the ones I've actually carried through the years. My collection is a little bigger. The top one is the first I carried for many years when I was younger. The second is a throwing knife made by Oscar and I had strapped to my leg inside my boot for a long time. The third I had in my belt while I worked on a farm four years ago. The bottom is a Ruko that I have on my belt nowadays. I at one point always carried two on me but now I only have the one.
    [​IMG]
  14. BrunneCustoms

BrunneCustoms

0   0   0

These are really, really useful. I have one in blue too but it's downstairs in my toolbox. I actually carried one for awhile too. I forgot about it until now. I love the fact that you always have a sharp edge when you need one.
  15. TheFlyingDingo

TheFlyingDingo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Funny thing is my friend was throwing them all away...Its been a year or so...probably more, And ive only broken one. The actual piece, not the blade...but blades too!
  16. scrumblero

scrumblero

0   0   0

I got one of those folding box knives.. same one actually, its frikkin huge!! I could always throw it at someone and knock em out if i couldn't catch em i guess... :lol:
  17. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    Yeah the box knives are pretty big but the craftsmen ones I have are about twice as thick, they hold 10 blades in the handle. It's like a small brick..... loaded with razor sharp blades :mrgreen:
  18. schwinnmesa

schwinnmesa

0   0   0

Here's mine. Gerber ftw! :lol:

[​IMG]
  19. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

20. Graylock

Graylock

0   0   0