Whatdya buy at ML/AA???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I went to AA with a few tools, a list of needed parts, and high hopes of coming home with a few really nice CWC pre-war bikes, maybe something sexy and chainless too....May as well of gone looking for Unicorns......All was not lost though and I found a nice cruiser, few part bikes, and some odds and ends, met some great people and had a good time. Next year I will be sure to hit memory lane and if my wallet/patience/willingness allows then go to AA. As a first timer I was not too impressed with the show. Lots of hype and lots of junk bikes, booths of non bike related stuff too. Show was only 7 hours long (8-3) and plenty of people were still setting up at 9-10am and taking stuff down around 1 or 2. It was clear the week of bike shows were over to most folks. Bike corral was all but a complete flop and I am pretty sure I hate mini bikes after the experience. Did I mention the TOC-ish rear steer tandem that wouldn't fit in the jeep and I have to fetch from OH? LOL...Biggest smiles of the day came from my lady pointing out seats for a Schwinn lil chic that I had not been able to locate for a customers bike (2 for $9!!!!) and my snoopy valve cover caps....anyhow thats my 2 cents, heres some pics!
Got this
DSCN1119.JPG

for this and this and the badge
DSCN1117.JPG
DSCN1118.JPG

Found this too, no idea why, but it was CWC, cheap and I needed the bar/stem...I'll do sumthin with it....
DSCN1120.JPG

This thing was laying there with $10 on it, I asked $10?! He nodded, so I flipped him a ten spot. again no idea, but it was too cheap to walk by.
DSCN1121.JPG
DSCN1122.JPG

If I wasn't so stoked about my snoopy valve covers this woulda been my find of the day, 36 western flyer in pretty darn good shape, even the seat is pretty darn nice. Some red tires and Thompsons grips, it'll be a good cruiser
DSCN1124.JPG
DSCN1126.JPG

Here we have the coveted Snoopy valve caps, how cool will those be with some red tires?! :D
DSCN1127.JPG

Tires? $30 a set! Yeah, I bought tires.
DSCN1135.JPG

Bought out about a dozen boxes of NOS schwinn fenders, made my $ back plus a little and came home with 2 packed boxes left over. :D
DSCN1132.JPG

Met Kevin from Bike parts unlimited, what a great dude! He had some parts and another blubander for the shelf
DSCN1133.JPG

Big honkin bars were $10, kinda like the blue bike, no idea why but I bought em, maybe they would go good together! Few NOS wald bars, and a groovy S reflector with a blue dot jewel, 3 NOS chrome chaingguards?! 1 painted pink! perfect! .....okay, that isnt all i got, but this is already too long, so whatdya drag home guys?
DSCN1138.JPG
DSCN1131.JPG
DSCN1134.JPG
DSCN1137.JPG
DSCN1128.JPG

Last edited:
HOLY WOW!!!! Hahhaha, a truck load of bikes, literally...I gotta see if we have the police auctions around here.... :O
Most cities with a police department have an auction once a year. Small towns usually put their confiscations in a county auction, again annually.

They mayor's office is a good place to get info.

Most cities with a police department have an auction once a year. Small towns usually put their confiscations in a county auction, again annually.

They mayor's office is a good place to get info.

.... Dave, good deals dude. The 10$ bike I think is a late 40's CWC Hawthorne I believe. I'd buy that all day dude. Your Western Flyers awesome too. How many bikes you up to now? I'm jealous, there's not much for vintage bikes down here.

I'm digging the 36 red and blue CWC. Does that have aluminum fenders too?
No sir, they are ferrous metal.
.... Dave, good deals dude. The 10$ bike I think is a late 40's CWC Hawthorne I believe. I'd buy that all day dude. Your Western Flyers awesome too. How many bikes you up to now? I'm jealous, there's not much for vintage bikes down here.
Thanks for the date on the $10 bike man, It looked CWC. I really like the early CWC's better than anything I found so far, I'm setting my attention on them :D Bikes..too many..lol..about 40, but a dozen are for sale, and some are destined to be parts, Id say 25 decent or soon to be decent rides. Trying to fix em up faster then I pick em up is a loosing battle...... Heres the red white and blue 36 western flyer after a take down and greasing, severe wheel truing and some red rubber, of course my beloved Thompsons and my snoopy valve covers...might be my new favorite bike!
DSCN1139.JPG

I want that loop tail and them thar square tip boots !

~ Rafael ~

Doh, I was lookin for that roadmaster, seen pictures of it at M/L at the cabe :D

Latest posts

Back