Whatchmacalit-doobiewacker-thingamajiggy-doohickey-thingamabob-doodad Award

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF0421.JPG

One shower head, piece of ceiling light grill and 2 tool box latches makes a good headlight.

DSCF0422.JPG

Also got the base of a bar table, alarm clock bells, some brass knobs and a small bow light for a steering wheel.

DSCF0424.JPG

Brass candle holders and glass door knobs for handle bars

DSCF0425.JPG
DSCF0426.JPG

I took a cymbal, a dismantled hookah, stainless knockouts from chimney cap manufacturing and some chandelier parts with the guts from a flashlight and made a rear fender, tail light, and a "rocket booster" combo. I am fabricating this for a current build im working on.

DSCF0427.JPG

I took a piece of a lamp, the top of a gumball machine, the top of a fence post, an antique brass phone cradleand some scrap copper to make this "Flying Eyeball" Hood ornament.

I thought it was a seahorse too. Where is this on your bike?

Hey
I thought it was a seahorse too. Where is this on your bike?
Hey Kingfish, you may have missed the text/explanation. It's a rear fender, tail lights, 'rocket engine " combination for a current rebuild. If you like doodads, you're gonna love this bike !!! By the way, thanks again for your help with my questions. I learned a lot this time, and will be better prepared next time. Can we start the next build off tomorrow ??

You know, all it needs is a longer tail. And I love seahorses !! You saw something different, you have the soul an artist. Good luck !!!
ha ha ha Flattery will get you a a new gadget for all that compliment...Nah Actually for all the doodads etc... I believe you came out as the king of ratifiying this year....

Last edited:
Whatchmacalit-doobiewacker-thingamajiggy-doohickey-thingamabob-doodad Award
Goes too.

Donniebikes55
Ceiling fan chain guard on Royale

7fce6bd1ba06cd156c71a156451e0772.jpg

It's 4:45AM on Long Island, just woke up and saw my phone blinking. I'm very pleased that you selected me, I had a great time doing this and I want to play again. Thanks so much, you have an amazing set of skills. Have a great day and keep building 'em

Great choice Funk. The fan housing was a real stand out in this years build-off for me!
Thank you, I really appreciate that. We'll be putting some of my other builds on my album soon that you might enjoy. Again, thank you
Congrats!
BTW, you don't have to wait for a build-off to start a build journal. The BUILDS section is open year 'round. I'm sure everyone would like to see what you've got cooking!

Great choice Funk. The fan housing was a real stand out in this years build-off for me!

Congrats!
BTW, you don't have to wait for a build-off to start a build journal. The BUILDS section is open year 'round. I'm sure everyone would like to see what you've got cooking!
Thanks TRM,I'm still working on learning how to post, etc as I am way behind on computer /smart phone stuff. The build off was the carrot on the stick I needed to start trying. I'll be putting stuff on my album very soon

Definitely the best choice for the award this year!
Congrats @Donniebikes55
What I like most about that crank shroud is when you see it being used that way, it is such a natural fit, that it just seems like a blatantly obvious re-use. BUT, in all the years of RRB, no one has ever done it before. I know that I have thrown away at least three ceiling fans since I have been on RRB, and I never even knew I had a crank housing in my hand :D . BRILLIANT eye and excellent execution Donnie!

Definitely the best choice for the award this year!
Congrats @Donniebikes55
What I like most about that crank shroud is when you see it being used that way, it is such a natural fit, that it just seems like a blatantly obvious re-use. BUT, in all the years of RRB, no one has ever done it before. I know that I have thrown away at least three ceiling fans since I have been on RRB, and I never even knew I had a crank housing in my hand :D . BRILLIANT eye and excellent execution Donnie!
Thanks Kingfish,I used it before on my trike, and I keep different sizes and shapes of them just in case. I'm running out of room for bikes and the Build Off was a good excuse to build another one. This whole thing was a really good time !!!

It's 4:45AM on Long Island, just woke up and saw my phone blinking. I'm very pleased that you selected me, I had a great time doing this and I want to play again. Thanks so much, you have an amazing set of skills. Have a great day and keep building 'em
pssst you need to send me yr address so i can send it to you... Private message me. Unless you want all off RRB bunking down at yr house....

pssst you need to send me yr address so i can send it to you... Private message me. Unless you want all off RRB bunking down at yr house....
Will do as soon as I figure out how. And thank you again, you can't imagine how happy I am. I hope you're enjoying riding that slick bike you built, just looking at mine makes me smile every time

@Donniebikes55 To start a 'convo' (personal message), click on the name of the person (on the left side of the screen there should be the user's name with an avatar above the name).

When you click the avatar or name you should get a window pop up like this...

Convo_01.jpg

Click on 'Start a Conversation' and you should see the places to add a title and your message and when done, click on 'Start Conversation'.

Hope that helps.

Glen.

Hello Funkme, I got home from work today and on my steps was a package for me !! When I finished dancing around the front yard, I ran inside to check what voltage to use, hooked up batteries, and did another dance. My dilemma now is that I have 9 bikes to choose from, or maybe save it for the next build off. BTW, remember the piece you said looked like a seahorse ?? I just finished that bike, I'll be putting it in my album soon. Thanks so much again, take care and ride safe

Latest posts

Back