what year is my monark firestone super cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
serial number 1560942.
monark.jpg

What makes you think it is "part" Firestone. The chain guard is Monark, no doubt. I can't see the headbadge, but it looks Monark as well...although I could be wrong. The reason I'm interested is that I have Monark/Firestone Special Cruiser....it has a Monark decal on the seat post, and a Firestone Special Cruiser headbadge. The chain guard is like yours, it has the plastic Monark crown insert. I thought I might be the only one out there with a Monark/Firestone...but you may be the second. btw, I can't find any info about my bike so if you get some ID leads, I'd appreciate knowing about them. Nice bike btw....not as pretty as my "Lucy" but really nice..

Looks like my girlfriends bike. Same single springer front end, and deep fender set, also a mens bike. Except hers doesn't have the crown impression on the chain guard. Didn't the normal Monark's have the big chrome "shroud" for the head badge? Hers has just the two holes where a normal badge would go, so I figured it was a Firestone bike and bought a Firestone Super Cruiser badge for it (it's on the way). Serial number is stamped, G7XXXXX.

It's a mid to later 1953. The larger, more angular chainguard, and conventional style springer were new for 53. Monark dropped it's balloon tire models after 1954, and was bought out by huffy at the end of 1957. -Adam

GTV said:
Looks like my girlfriends bike. Same single springer front end, and deep fender set, also a mens bike. Except hers doesn't have the crown impression on the chain guard. Didn't the normal Monark's have the big chrome "shroud" for the head badge? Hers has just the two holes where a normal badge would go, so I figured it was a Firestone bike and bought a Firestone Super Cruiser badge for it (it's on the way). Serial number is stamped, G7XXXXX.

737063 was the last serial # for 1949, anything higher is a '50. Those years had the older torpedo style chainguard without the jewel. Only Deluxe and Super Deluxe models had the chrome shroud, I don't think the frames were different, so your bike could have been either way. Of course, if it doesn't look like it ever had a tank, then no shroud. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
GTV said:

737063 was the last serial # for 1949, anything higher is a '50. Those years had the older torpedo style chainguard without the jewel. Only Deluxe and Super Deluxe models had the chrome shroud, I don't think the frames were different, so your bike could have been either way. Of course, if it doesn't look like it ever had a tank, then no shroud. -Adam

It's no where near original, so it's hard to tell. The bike pictured above has a tank and no shroud though...
Thanks for the help :)

Rustinkerer said:
GTV said:
Only Deluxe and Super Deluxe models had the chrome shroud

What other similar (same frame, etc) Monark model(s) were produced in that time period?

GTV said:
Rustinkerer said:
GTV said:
Only Deluxe and Super Deluxe models had the chrome shroud

What other similar (same frame, etc) Monark model(s) were produced in that time period?

It's hard to tell, since the ads generally featured the dlx and s/dlx. But there were Roadster and Sportster models, as well as a junior line, which had a straightbar frame like the budget Rocket series. -Adam

Latest posts

Back