What year Firestone Cruise?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Looking for appx year of this Fireston Cruiser. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

VIN tag info:
Model #: 180 9 9A7
Serial #: A0 12357

Pics:

IMG_1231_zpsbrf9iy79.jpg

IMG_1230_zpsqs1rv5w0.jpg

IMG_1233_zpskjlyrxmh.jpg

IMG_1232_zpseptby2s4.jpg

Nice bike! It looks like a Snyder made (Rollfast) bike with a Schwinn sprocket and replacement forks. The forks are striaght, unusual so I think they were modified or part of a springer fork, but the paint doesn't match the frame so I don't think they are the ones that came with the bike.
As for year, probably early 50's is my guess.

From the late 40's early 50's is my guess. It is missing the front fender and truss rods. I believe front fender should of had a light mounted on it as well. Could be Ohio Murray built. I know they made a Deluxe Cruise and a Super Cruiser, this should have been on the chain guard. I can't tell if your chain guard is a repaint or original.

This is a Monark built Firestone; early 50s. I think Adamtinkerer is pretty familiar with Monark serials, but they're off my base. That is a Monark springer fork, but missing all the business pieces.

Yep, Monark built, probably early 50s. The serial, unless there's a digit missing, doesn't line up with a specific year. If it has the aluminum ID tag, it's 1946-54. -Adam

Latest posts

Back