What price to put on AMF Skeeter Wheelie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hence I still don't know what to ask for it but based on the amount of interest I would be silly to sell it until I do. I'm not getting any of the proceeds but I don't want a relative barking that I gave it away

I was going to stay away from this thread but I changed my mind . Respectfully You are way overthinking this bike . I offered a great condition Yahama Guitar & amp worth about $200 or so
( Offer stands if the bike is sent first ) Because your 5 States away from the bike location. I have several references that I will follow through & they can be provided at request. Id say I was around the mark that others are saying. . The bike to me is a $200 dollar bike . Respectfully what would keep me from offering that in cash is your totally new to this venue . There have been a lot of people that come on these bike sites offer a good bike for a unrealisticly cheep price only to find out the buyers money is long gone & the bike was a photo taken off the internet of another members bike . Yes that happens so it makes people hesitant about buying from new members although some do take the leap of faith ( As I have from time to time ) in hopes of getting a good deal. The other Huge Red flag here is your 5 States away from the bike & there's 4 others involved in the sale .Then who would pack the bike in such away that the buyer who ever it is has a warm fuzzy feeling about the packing job.

In this case I respectfully see a new member trying get every penny out of something that it is not & you have that right to do so & watch it sit or sell , but its time for a price . . If the bike was Complete IMO $800 tops on a sunny day in June . I saw a mint complete one bought on ebay a year back for $600 ( I thought that was a little on the low side ) But shortly after that buyer bought another complete one not as nice for even less money . You are running this sale like a auction by dragging this thread out so long . If you do put the bike on ebay you may get $300 you could get more on a fluke flukes can happen you may not ? But you will pay $60 dollars in fees on $300 sale & risk having a buyer that can send the bike on a whim & take their money back in a flash through paypal. I'm tired of typing & I don't need the bike but it is a neat bike. If your offered more than $200 Id run & take that offer before its gone because when a person makes a High offer & sees no one is trying to beat their crazy high offer they do tend to change their mind. If you want to take the chance & I would if I wanted to get everything I can out of the bike then put it on Ebay Good luck with your sale

Last edited:
See that is at least educational. I'm sorry you feel that I am dragging it out. Not remotely my intention. Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

I was going to stay away from this thread but I changed my mind . Respectfully You are way overthinking this bike . I offered a great condition Yahama Guitar & amp worth about $200 or so
( Offer stands if the bike is sent first ) Because your 5 States away from the bike location. I have several references that I will follow through & they can be provided at request. Id say I was around the mark that others are saying. . The bike to me is a $200 dollar bike . Respectfully what would keep me from offering that in cash is your totally new to this venue . There have been a lot of people that come on these bike sites offer a good bike for a unrealisticly cheep price only to find out the buyers money is long gone & the bike was a photo taken off the internet of another members bike . Yes that happens so it makes people hesitant about buying from new members although some do take the leap of faith ( As I have from time to time ) in hopes of getting a good deal. The other Huge Red flag here is your 5 States away from the bike & there's 4 others involved in the sale .Then who would pack the bike in such away that the buyer who ever it is has a warm fuzzy feeling about the packing job.

In this case I respectfully see a new member trying get every penny out of something that it is not & you have that right to do so & watch it sit or sell , but its time for a price . . If the bike was Complete IMO $800 tops on a sunny day in June . I saw a mint complete one bought on ebay a year back for $600 ( I thought that was a little on the low side ) But shortly after that buyer bought another complete one not as nice for even less money . You are running this sale like a auction by dragging this thread out so long . If you do put the bike on ebay you may get $300 you could get more on a fluke flukes can happen you may not ? But you will pay $60 dollars in fees on $300 sale & risk having a buyer that can send the bike on a whim & take their money back in a flash through paypal. I'm tired of typing & I don't need the bike but it is a neat bike. If your offered more than $200 Id run & take that offer before its gone because when a person makes a High offer & sees no one is trying to beat their crazy high offer they do tend to change their mind. If you what to take the chance & I would if I wanted to get everything I can out of the bike then put it on Ebay Good luck with your sale
Well said.

By the way this is the valuation thread. If the bike were actually for sale I would have said so on the for sale thread.

I'm just enjoying the irony of your chosen handle: "EasyToDealWith", and the difficulty you've put people through with your somewhat insulting behavior and comments. "At least that was educational"... because the rest of us were just blowing smoke up your rear? "...lack of accurate appraisal"? I'm not sure what you think this site is, or who we are, but we're trying to educate you on what you have and what it's worth, only to be argued with at every turn.

Good luck on Ebay. Enjoy the fees. And you better know how to pack it, or your buyer will claim damage and get a refund from you before you can pick your jaw up from the ground. But... that's the path you chose in order to chase a few more dollars.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
I have received at least 12 email inquiries as to the price. An offer of 350 and an offer of 500 privately and a bunch of people publicly saying it is worth maybe 100. I stated on the for sale thread that it was no longer for sale until I got a handle on value. Statements in the private emails that the bike looks complete. Public postings saying it needed lots of parts.
I came to the conclusion (the " information" that you referred to) that the best way to determine the actual value of the bike will be to let the market decide due to the conflicting messages.
I meant no offense and thank you for the advice.

I'm not even getting any money out of this.
This is where I'm confused, I'm not trying to be a Richard; but you said before that the money will be split 4 ways. That leaves us to think it's between you and three others. You also said you'd like to trade for a vintage guitar/ instrument.
Now I can't play guitar anymore unfortunately, but I'm not gonna trade an old Dove or 57 Les Paul or anything else like that for a bicycle. But you'd trade, then pay your family for the bike? I may have read something wrong, but if that's the case take the 500 and give your family 100 to split.

I'm not in on the cut. I was hoping to find an instrument to make it worth my time and just pay them. Given the amount of interest and rarity I figure there might be two motivated buyers who will compete on eBay or maybe you are right and the 500 is fair. What is the best technique for cleaning it without damaging it? I was going to leave that to the buyer but with eBay I bet shiny is better. McGregor's car polish? Probably very low grit like 27?

Respectfully You may have lost a fair amount of your potential bidders .. Muscle bike collectors are a small community & the ones you turned down that stepped way up in my eyes $300 to $500 .. ( Me Id run as fast as possible to the $500 guy ) May not bid on that venue after making such a decent offer. You would have to break $600 to have that same amount to walk away with on ebay. I'm all for the long dollar if I love the item I have for sale & I don't have a need to sell it .But I like bikes your not vested in this as far as I can tell other then helping family . The only difference is if I want a High end price. I always list a price people can always make lower offers .I could then respectfully decline or accept & go from there. Putting a auctial high price helps guage the value based of the offers you may receive .

Last edited:
Rare
709ac5cc60925b7e291582cf96361402.jpg

I still sold it for less than it was worth.

After everything here with your bike I think the muscle bike guys have all seen the conversation, I wish you the best of luck on eBay; but realistically if you were offered 500 when everyone was saying 100. You should have taken the money and run.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back