What is your Holy Grail of bicycles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine would not be a bike built as a child's toy. Those might rate second or third. Tops would be in the handmade custom racing/touring category.

Rat Rod said:
I've tried to think this one over and I'm not really sure I can come up with a single bike. :?

That is cause you already got them. Mongoose Motomag, Mathews, Redline, GT etc.....

Maybe that is why. :lol:

I know that there is a vintage cruiser that I'd like to own...just can't decide which one.

I think I would like a 33-34 Schwinn motorbike. I know it doesn't have the elegant curves and options of the late30's-50's schwinns. But for me it rides the fine line between function and form.

Okay, technically, this is a bicycle. :wink:
1941_harley_flathead.jpg

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk

Getting closer. Heading down the V Twin path the holy grail would be the Brough Superior SS100 that Thomas Edward Lawrence was killed on.

c.p.odom said:
Getting closer. Heading down the V Twin path the holy grail would be the Brough Superior SS100 that Thomas Edward Lawrence was killed on.
Thats kind of ironic you choose that bike since he died trying to avoid hitting 2 boys on bicycles

True ans ironic choice, but he did miss the cyclist. As far as Holy Grail bikes go it must be something nearly unobtainable like a T.E.Lawrence bike, not something that can be had for mere money.

I've only ever wanted a Columbia Roadster - more than any other bike I can think of - probably because I've been looking for one for five years now, so it's become a mission of sorts.

colrod2.jpg

That color green would be awesome especially.

That roadster shouldn't be hard to find. I've passed on two like that but one was a different color. Both were at the same flea market. One was a 3-spd I think but that was over 3 yrs ago so it's hard to remember. I did purchase 2 old diamondbacks from the same guy over the years though. 1 mike dominguez and a hot pink/white hot streak, likely a woody itson, no signature but looked right.

another thread just remined me. i have the bike it's self, but i'd love to find the bodywork for my hutch/hanebrink aerobike.

I always like the most unusual bike I have ever seen, I always keep it till I find one more outrageous. So far my tadpole trike tandem takes the cake.

I'd love to have an old Shelby. A matched pair of his n' hers Airflows would be the ultimate. And I'd trade anything in the fleet for a '38/39 Hiawatha Arrow.

And I'll add to this my dream bike road trip.
I'd love to score my next pair of bikes from someone on the other side of the country- say from Kentucky, Tennessee, or maybe North Carolina. Then I'd throw the riders in the back of the truck, and take a road trip to pick up the bikes. Mary and I could take a slow poky route, and meet up to go cruisin' with folks in as many different places as we could both on our way to get the new/old bikes, and on the way home with them. I'd love to do two or three weeks on the road going to new towns, meeting new people, and taking some good local rides.

JWM

Latest posts

Back