what is this witchcraft?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by charliechaindrive, Apr 28, 2012.

1. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive

0   0   0

My scrapper dropped off a old shwinn tornado womens bike today, really cool diamond tread tire on the back (it holds air :D )but the front was missing. No big deal right? Just set on a spare and go? No the rims are funky, absolutly no tires fit them. Nd model d hub, schwinn made in germany front hub. Anyone care to explain this to me? Should I just part the bike out? Sell frame on cl? (I need parts off it)

help?

2. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

On a tornado it should have schwinn S7 rims.Only specific tires fit. usually tires marked 1 3/4 instead of 1.75.
    You will likely need ISO 571 instead of standard ISO 559 26 inch tires.THis reffers to the rim diameter.

3. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Standard rims (MTB, Non-Schwinn Balloon and middleweght, Schwinn S2) have an ISO bead diameter of 559 mm. S7 Rims have an ISO bead diameter of 571 mm. Your LBS or the interwebs will be able to fix you up.

4. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

5. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Schwinn. The thread stock on some of the bolts are like that too. They were smart back in the day, they made bikes so you HAD to take it to Schwinn to get parts.