What is the length of a krate springer's steer tube?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm wondering about the feasibility of something I have in mind. I don't have one to measure, so... Does anyone know what the length of the steer tube on an original krate springer is (from the seat of the bearing race to the top of the threads)? Thanks in advance.

I have no idea but a cheaper alternative would be the "Bratz" Low-rider bike front end, they look about the same and I'm sure A LOT cheaper. I have one if you need a measurement on one of those.

P9100129.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
I have no idea but a cheaper alternative would be the "Bratz" Low-rider bike front end, they look about the same and I'm sure A LOT cheaper. I have one if you need a measurement on one of those.

P9100129.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the idea/offer, but for the moment I definitely want to go with the krate piece. I wouldn't need the whole springer anyway, just the steer tube piece, and so it shouldn't be too bad on the wallet to find and buy one of those. They seem to pop up from time to time on eBay.

the one I have is 8 inches from the bottom of the bearing race to the top of the threaded tube.

the frame it came out of has a 4 inch head tube without bearing cups.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Back