What is the General Feeling on Builds Within the Builds?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just have to say... I'm not a fan. With so many builds to follow, I find myself quickly scanning many of the builds. When there are other bikes being posted in the thread, especially multiple pics, I get confused as to which build is THE build.

I realize that most eyes are currently on the competition threads, but there is a whole section for regular builds that one can post "companion" or "inspired by" bikes in.

But maybe I'm alone in this feeling? I'm not calling out negatively to those that have done it, but maybe this will encourage some to give those other bikes their own thread. I'm more likely to see it on its own accord, then, and give it its proper due.

I thought the build within a build was neat, at least in some instances.

not to call anyone out, but , for example, the Mega Pixie with mini Pixie was killer and added to the anticipation of getitng them done, both the 'main' competition bike and the companion.

just my 2 cents. I love builds regardless, wish I had the time and health to compete this year.

I agree that that covering multiple builds in a build off thread is distracting.

But, with that said, I did enjoy watching the MiniPixieRay build, but that may be because I had a vested interest.

My opinion probably does not count here as I have done it, but, all the ones I have seen have specified in the title that it is a side build/bonus build, it should be fairly clear that it is not the main attraction, provided that is done, I don't see an issue.

Luke.

I don't know what to think about it but it confuses me for sure. I feel like Knox from Fox in Sox, can't keep up at times and it angers me :lol:

I tried to keep up and can't. It was a combination of builds within builds and pages and pages of chatter with very little action. When voting time comes along I'll just have to look at the finished bikes and go from there.

I agree, any side builds should go under the regular Builds forum. A link to the side build in your Build off thread would or should be OK, but I'd keep the photos out of the B/O unless your illustrating part of your Build off bike.

Latest posts

Back