What is on your want list ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It seems that some of us have infinite storage space and others have limited space. Me being on the limited space side I have started being way more selective to the bikes I want.

I figured it would be fun to post bikes that you think are still attainable but may be just a bit harder to get below are the two I'm on the hunt for.

post pics of what you are looking for maybe we can help each other locate the gems we want.

2007 Schwinn Aerosport
image2.aspx

2006 Electra New Belgium
new_belgium_dad_fat_tire.jpg

Sup "MIGZ".... Like that "TUDE" of yours... U 1 K 8) 8) Brotha
Felt Torch or Leadsled stretch
Intense M1 DH

Gotta put these "Wannas" to the side 4 now.. Gotta take care of "Priorities"
Thnxx 4 the TH :mrgreen: T
I'll keep my :shock: open n PM ya!!!

I'm too fickle I suppose

Right now if I had the spare cash I would go for one of these

worksman1.jpg

and would like to try one of these

3350.jpg

For some reason I have got cargo/vending/trikes on my mind :mrgreen:

CCR said:
I'm too fickle I suppose

Right now if I had the spare cash I would go for one of these

worksman1.jpg
Me too :lol:
Or a variation.

Migz if you are interested I saw that 2006 New Belgium bike for sale this morning on the Fort Collins, Colorado Craigslist. I think he was asking $500.00. But you can always try a lower price. They are always available around here, so he might go cheaper. Check it out.

Leobeerguy said:
Migz if you are interested I saw that 2006 New Belgium bike for sale this morning on the Fort Collins, Colorado Craigslist. I think he was asking $500.00. But you can always try a lower price. They are always available around here, so he might go cheaper. Check it out.

This thread is working already we can really help each other, thanks for the tip I sent him an email and we will see what happens.

If We all post what we are looking for we may find a lot of people the bikes that are looking for.

I'd really like to have a trials bike, 20" wheels or 26". I just saw a bike on CL in Richmond described as a dirt jump bike, but when I looked at it, it would be a perfect trials rig! 24" wheels, fat tires, rigid frame and fork, front disk, rear hydraulic rim brake... $750. :shock:

I know, trials is not something I'll get into for cheap, but one can dream can't he?

outskirtscustoms said:
I want a ratty cycle truck. Like this ratty...
03-26-08_1602-1.jpg
...........................L :mrgreen: L......................lol..............

I would like to have a 1980's Murray BMX, 60's/70's Murray muscle bike, 70's Murray Chopper, a 70's Murray early motor cross bike, 26 rat trap springer fork, Spaceliner 7 tank and a few more parts & pieces.

the only particular thing i can say i want is one of those 32" walmart bikes. i may see how layaway works if they get to a local store.

beyond that, there are types of bike i want, or want to make or finish, but not particular brand names, like a full on recumbent, a cargo bike (though i'd take a yuba mondo if i could afford one. like what i've read about them). and maybe luck across an old muscle bike or two. and a few balloon/mt bike size internal gear wheels.

I've wanted a Coker Monster Cruiser for a long time. Or, specifically, the wheelset, though other parts of the bike would be useful (fork, some of the rear, etc.).

If anyone has a lineup on a Coker bike for less than listed on their site, I'd be interested.

Just like the guy above me, I'm now considering one of the Walmart 32" cruisers as an alternative, though I don't like that they're aluminum, because I can't work with that.

33-35 Schwinn B10E . I'm actually looking into a part time job for awhile just so I can move towards attaining earlier stuff like this. I thought I had one but it turned out to be a Mead. Plus I want better or closer to original condition. And maybe a Raleigh parcel carrier. I saw one at a local show and it was like a Cycle truck but with a little more mojo.

Philphine said:
the only particular thing i can say i want is one of those 32" walmart bikes. i may see how layaway works if they get to a local store.

beyond that, there are types of bike i want, or want to make or finish, but not particular brand names, like a full on recumbent, a cargo bike (though i'd take a yuba mondo if i could afford one. like what i've read about them). and maybe luck across an old muscle bike or two. and a few balloon/mt bike size internal gear wheels.

I would try useing their "Site to Store" website to get the bike thru. Those 32" ("My whole crew's on 32's") cruisers do look sick and I had a 29er mountain bike and they ride great. M local Wal Mart doesn't carry most of the bikes on the site and I got two thru the site a few months ago, but just Schwinns. That 32 may be next for me too.

My want list... 1. parts for the rear drum brake on my 78' Schwinn Spitfire 5.
2. a Bendix 2speed kickback hub w/wheel (but don't we all? :roll: )
3. more money to make my want list happen.

CCR said:

3350.jpg

There's a gal in my area that rides that same bike everyday to work ! Even the same color.

That0neGuy said:
CCR said:

3350.jpg

There's a gal in my area that rides that same bike everyday to work ! Even the same color.
There's one of these on my local CL for $200, but the front area of the frame is a little different, same huge rear rack though. But I guess it can't help you from here. It was my first time seeing one

Latest posts

Back