WHAT IF . . . Captain America Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just finished cleaning up a Firestone Pilot that I bought and I'm pretty happy with it. But I have the urge to do more with it. At first, I thought about maybe making it more of a rat than it already is. But after watching the Captain America movie and getting a motivational speech, I thing I want to theme my bike. My brother is really into comics and he showed me a few Marvel Comics with "WHAT IF . . ." in the tittle; depicting superheroes going into different situations. For Example: WHAT IF . . . Captain America Were Revived Today?, WHAT IF . . . Spider Man Joined The Fantastic Four? So I thought (WHAT IF . . . The Kid Who Owned This Bike First Was A Captain America Fan, And He Showed It). I'm thinking about making some folky art that would seem possible for its time. Hand Painted wood tank, Hand carved fender emblem, Vintage comic book pages used some way. Anything that looks like a kid in the 50's or 60's might have done. I haven't thought of anything solid yet and need help. I also encourage the older crowd that might have lived through the heydays of comic books and baseball cards. This is the bicycle before the cleaning. Any help is appreciated.

gkFtul.jpg

Continue cleaning carefully but thoroughly, there's probably ok stock paint under the oxidation. A Brillo bath works, but don't use it anywhere there"s a decal. (edit: Ignore this if you already went there on the scrubbing, the degree of rust isn't easy to be sure of from here.. :wink: :mrgreen: ) Add some blue tires, grips and a U.S. flag styled shield emblem on the head or seat post, or "tank" plate, done. 8)

I can't upload some photos right now, but the bike is more of an orange than a red. So the theme might be hard to decipher. But the shield might do it.

You could always do something along these lines:
P1012556a.jpg

Some of the local club folks actually call this my "Captain America bike", the timing with the movie was coincidental. The tank plate was made from plywood, urethaned and painted. The rest was mixing and matching colors and spray painting...

I think you should go for it. I was thinking of recommending a tank, but as I continued reading I noticed you already have it planned out well

I think the captain America gas tank design from Easy rider would look good on that bike.

Latest posts

Back