What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And we don't?
We are required to wear both a mask and a face shield together when outdoors. I was allowed to take off the shield for a haircut, but not the mask. It takes two barbers to cut hair, one to barber and one to hold your mask straps. LOL! Of course, it's not enforced and most people pay it no mind. But as a foreigner, I would be targeted because I am seen as able to pay a big fine.
1610413917068.png

I added fenders to my Schwinn Moab to make it more commuter friendly. I'll have to change the tyres as well; Both to gain some clearance, and because the Rapid Robs don't like cornering on cold/wet/greasy asphalt (as I found out this morning). I have a set of 1.75" Michelin Country Rock lying around, which should do the trick.

The bamboo bike has been my cardio ride lately.
fd817d95c15d9fd1a263c0746fa3494f.jpg

cc8e3d573daba1668a3b2b33bb255a1b.jpg

I just built this up and have ridden it a bit the last few days.
I need to get some bars for it, but these were hanging in the garage, and a new stem (its 1 1/8” threaded so not common).
I actually find that old huffy saddle comfortable.
BE56CE59-A521-4DF0-B012-086440DC7DEA.jpeg

Edited to fix changes made by the paper clip demon, or one of its offspring.

Last edited:
Today I went a few miles on this Mtb. This spot is about 1.5 miles from my house. A friend gave me this bike a last summer. He bought it new. It is a 1998 Schwinn S20. My other bikes are all cruisers. This one kills my back so I ordered those bar extensions and mounted them backwards and inside out so I could sit more vertical when riding this thing. I also put a kickstand on it. It goes well in the Florida sand and I can gear it down when it is windy. Not my go to bike but a nice diversion from time to time.

S20.jpg

This is about .5 miles from home. Same canal.

20210116_111653.jpg

Riding with the daughter or son is high on the list. But they are too busy for that most of the time. I have great grand kids now. I'm officially an Old Coot. Yeah, I designate myself that and am proud to have lived past double the age of thirty. Be Well, SS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back