What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre 2008 frames had a gusset between top tube and seat tube, post 2008 had curved head tube already. Great score! Are you planning to leave the bike the way it is or customize it?
Starnger, the stance screams "bobber motorcycle" at me. On the way to get it, I had envisioned making some frame mods and painting it flat black. After I got it, I decided I like the factory paint (it nearly matches my car) so the frame mods and repaint are out the window. And especially so if this is a one year only frame.
I'll just swap out or bolt on any changes to accent the bobber styling. Thanks for the frame info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Starnger, the stance screams "bobber motorcycle" at me. On the way to get it, I had envisioned making some frame mods and painting it flat black. After I got it, I decided I like the factory paint (it nearly matches my car) so the frame mods and repaint are out the window. And especially so if this is a one year only frame.
I'll just swap out or bolt on any changes to accent the bobber styling. Thanks for the frame info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Good idea keeping frame as it is, especially considering this is aluminium, and it is capricious to weld. I like your plan to make a bobber!
Electra made some nice accessories for Townie back in the days, some are still available to purchase online. For example those bags: orange or red.

My truck is down with a broken timing belt so I'm two wheeling it. Lucky for me we've unseasonably warm weather and all my destinations are close. So I get out the trekeater, my old Cannondale.
d138042ec33523feea6ec74c3c733afa.jpg

If you've got a bike in a buildoff ya gotta ride it. That's why them upside-down handlebar seat slammed pedal scrapers annoy me so much. I'll concede to their artful vision, but if you can only dream about riding it, what good is it? Built to ride is my style...
d0e1df94af6e0afd4f4b191755a20abe.jpg

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

For my first ride back out with the group this season, I took my faux Scrambler:
20190404_185027.jpg

Lots of Fastbacks (or Fastback-inspired builds) for this ride, along with some BMX stuff. (I missed a couple, they made the group shot.)
20190404_183614.jpg
20190404_184406.jpg

20190404_183735.jpg

20190404_194035.jpg

Feels good to be back out riding. Waiting for spring seems like forever.

I'm riding to stay fit, but might as well take the fur kid with me. I bought a new Kona Dr Dew, and we went with a vintage feel to the sidecar.
that extra 80 or so lbs is working the legs this spring. I would like a vintage bike to go with the sidecar, but I need som gear changes to keep us moving and the crank spinning.
index.php

I'm riding to stay fit, but might as well take the fur kid with me. I bought a new Kona Dr Dew, and we went with a vintage feel to the sidecar.
that extra 80 or so lbs is working the legs this spring. I would like a vintage bike to go with the sidecar, but I need som gear changes to keep us moving and the crank spinning.
index.php
I still think that little bus needs to be two tone... but it's gotta be one of the best side cars I've ever seen. You know you can drop a modern drive train into just about any old frame. Even a 60's - 70's three speed is a great improvement over a single speed.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back