What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed out the saddle on my Guarantee Cardinal (Colson-built), and even though it's decades newer than this old thing, I think it fits pretty well. Took her for a quick run down to the marina and back.
75814fd7d7104ca863be8452f8356e26.jpg

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

So I got a special treat this evening. My brother dropped by and visitedme today, and I talked him into taking a little short ride down the road and back. We haven’t ridden bicycles together in at least 25 years. I told him to pick one, and I rode my old Schwinn that I’ve had since I was 12. He picked my recently refurbished Rollfast to ride.
I didn’t get any pics of us riding, but we lined them up when we got back home.

I’m trying to talk him into us building him one And doing this more often!
4DC70AF4-7712-45F0-8B28-528524E015BC.jpeg

How does this bike look with that front fender stay flipped to curve in the other direction?
View attachment 125023
Just went out to Garage Mahal and took a look. Probably a lot better flipped, it'd match every other curve on the bike that way. Gonna have to convince Ms Thundrrr to let me give it a shot.

Edit: found a pic of one with it flipped... Interesting
download (1).jpeg

Just went out to Garage Mahal and took a look. Probably a lot better flipped, it'd match every other curve on the bike that way. Gonna have to convince Ms Thundrrr to let me give it a shot.

Edit: found a pic of one with it flipped... Interesting
View attachment 125092
1591971685858.png

How does this bike look with that front fender stay flipped to curve in the other direction?
View attachment 125023
Like this:
IMG_20200613_145059777.jpg

While the wheel was off, took the opportunity to bang out a couple of dents from where the basket sat.
@Verrt Ms Thundrrr says thank you

My mule! 2007 trek 3900

I just did my first 20 mile ride of the season. (I had been doing 15’s)

91 degree heat.... it was epic! Love riding in the heat.

Anyways, My wife got me this cleaning solution for Father’s Day; it’s called “Bike Lust”

It’s supposedly a cleaner and polish all in one. I was afraid it couldn’t cut through 2 years of road grime, so I degreased the bike first, did a spiffy scrub with a nylon brush, then hit with the bike lust, did a thorough and detailed sponge scrub, then rinsed.

As I said, I hadn’t washed this sled in about 2 years.

The stuff definitely worked. Thing is basically glowing!!! Used it on every surface. Looks great.
FCBB7ABC-195E-4908-A103-595AB69A3B11.jpeg

Latest posts

Back