1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

What have I got here?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by erichitscar, Apr 2, 2012.

1. erichitscar

erichitscar

Hey all! Thanks for taking a moment and checking out this thread!
    I just picked this up a few days ago while I was out picking, I thought it may be an old Elgin, but now I'm not so sure... Any help identifying this tetanus shot on wheels will be greatly appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KJV

KJV

whatever this might be..
    sure is, Rat-c@@l.

3. erichitscar

erichitscar

Anybody? anybody? :?:

4. roadmaster

roadmaster

First guess would be an Elgin or perhaps a Westfield (Columbia). Pre 50's are a bit tricky for me. Cool bike and good luck!

5. MORTUNDEAD

MORTUNDEAD

How do you people find these???

6. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

If the second bar attaches to the seat tube, with a flared joint like this, it's a Westfield/Columbia.
    [​IMG]
    -Adam

7. erichitscar

erichitscar

Thanks for the information! I will have to check out where it joins!

8. NLCTVWguy

NLCTVWguy Rollin' on 20's Moderator

Looks a lot like a late-30's Hawthorne Flyer. May be originally equipped with a "toolbox tank" and battery, light and horn on the bar crossbrace.

Good luck with it, I think I'd be cleaning it up and painting it black with white accents after a run through the sandblaster.

--Rob

9. ozzmonaut

ozzmonaut Pro Member

I feel like it is likely westfield columbia. The sprocket definitely looks the part. Closer shots of the frame would help too. Wrong front fender though.

10. jaysmo

jaysmo

whatever its is it sure is a cool find and that chain ring is the bees kness my friend...NICE find there... :mrgreen:

11. ruddigger

ruddigger

Whoever made it, it's super cool. I love old motobikes. Are those the original wooden 28" wheels, or are they 26"?

12. twowheelfan

twowheelfan

13. ruddigger

ruddigger

Are the headbadge holes vertical or horizontal? It's a balloon tire, so that puts it late 30s.