what do you listen to while building?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you listen to while building or staring at your build for the next move?
Had a little time to sit and stare at my tape mocked up frame/tank today and was listening to Metallica always gets me motivated.

depends on the day Metallica/Segar/Zeppelin/Fleetwood Mac/Hendrix/Black Sabbath and on and on, country don't pass in these ears though:21: just a rocker

I'm sure I'm probably in small company with my playlist. Jazz guitar Pandora mix. Not smooth jazz, vintage classic artists like Jim Hall, Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Grant Green, Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, etc. Here's a sample, for those unfamiliar:

And I'll bet you thought that was an SRV tune. This recording from 1963. Stevie was just 9 years old then...

I discovered a while ago that the most convenient place for me to work on my bikes is in my living room. Much better than the cellar. This gives me access to commodities such as bathroom, electricity, all my tools, enough room to move around and Internet. I have a nice Yamaha 5.1 surround system and that's usually what I start with:

I like my rock and metal, it keeps me moving.
Pantera, Type O Negative, Life of Agony, Sepultura. Stuff like that.

While I did enjoy that selection of music, I must point out that this thread is in the BUILD-OFF 13 DISCUSSION area. Of course you would know that since you created it. I'm assuming that the people posting here are people that are actually building a bike for the competition. I hope that this means you are about to join us in the build-off!;):21:

(you can delete this if you want to):D

Last edited:
While I did enjoy that selection of music, I must point out that this thread is in the BUILD-OFF 13 DISCUSSION area. Of course you would know that since you created it. I'm assuming that the people posting here are people that are actually building a bike for the competition. I hope that this means you are about to join us in the build-off!;):21:

(you can delete this if you want to):D
That's funny right there.

I like a lot of Eighties metal. Listened to a lot of Bowie and Queen growing up.

Nowadays it's usually youtube guilty pleasure auto play. Today's session started with this.

Followed that up with "Magic" followed by "Xanadu" both also by ONJ for a nice triple play. Sorry fellas...that's actually what we're listening to today...:21:

Wife always rolls her eyes but will be singing along by the end.

Latest posts

Back