What chu doin June 30th? Connecticut!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Attention New England Rat Rod Bikers!

Sunday June 30th, Noon to 3:

BIKE FEST NEW LONDON!

This is our FIFTH annual show and safety event on New London's Waterfront Park! Join us for all sorts of 2-wheeled good times!

Download the flyer HERE:
http://www.bareiss.net/bikenewlondon/bikefest2013flyer.pdf

All ages welcome! We'll have a Custom bike show, giveaways, free helmets for kids, free repairs, and a Parade of Wheels around Downtown. (Afterwards I'm thinking wings n a brew too!)

Parking is available close by on Bank St, South Water St, and in the Waterfront Park as well. We'll be set up on City Pier this year, behind Union Station. Closest address for GPS users is 2 State St., New London, CT 06320.

Any questions CALL (860) 912 6882 or EMAIL [email protected].

--Rob Bareiss
Chairman, Bike New London

Kool Rob,Geez I quess I should show up since you put me in the pics! :D
I could bring my newest; 5 speed tall bike and the Schwing bike for some fun.
Consider it marked on the schedule...Stevil

Stevil said:
Kool Rob,Geez I quess I should show up since you put me in the pics! :D
I could bring my newest; 5 speed tall bike and the Schwing bike for some fun.
Consider it marked on the schedule...Stevil

Yeah! I love that tall bike pic looks like the police are ready to take you away.

See you guys there!

--Rob

Can't believe it's just 10 days away! I gotta start cleaning up some rides!

We're going to have a Stingray display to honor the 50th anniversary of the Schwinn Stingray being released to the public, and to honor Al Fritz, the Stingray's designer, who we lost this year.

We'll have a Parade Of Wheels around town, and joined by the Shoreline Roller Derby girls who were a heck of a lot of fun last year.

We also have free DOT safety reflectors, and Park Tools stickers for all visitors!

Should be a fun day, so bring down a bike to show and a bike to ride, and enjoy Bike Fest New London 2013!

--Rob Bareiss
Chairman, Bike New London

Rob, I changed tires on my TALL TRIKE but it all feels so whoobly :( .Hope I can tighten her up before Sunday.
Should be an awesome day with a cool breeze off the water.And we need awareness of Bike Safety!
NEW LONDON ROCKS!
PS; I'm lookin for a 26" multi-speed wheel for a friend's Skyrider FYI....Thanks .......Stevil

Bike Fest is this weekend!!

BIKE NEW LONDON's big event is Sunday June 30th from Noon to 3PM!

It's very family friendly and one of our main features is Free Helmets for Kids!
New London Kiwanis donated over 75 helmets to help kids of all sizes be safe and legal on the roads.
(CT law says you must wear helmets until at 16 when riding on public roads.)

We're also doing free bike repairs with our volunteers, and offering lots of free safety advice and handout items from CT Dept of Transportation.

We have free reflective tags for evening and night riding that are extremely eye-catching in low light conditions.

We have free bike maps and Share the Road educational info for riders and drivers.

We'll be doing the Parade of Wheels around Downtown New London at 1:00PM.

The Custom Bike Show will be going on all day. We'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Schwinn Stingray this month!

Can't wait to see you all there! Forecast is for a small chance of showers but otherwise pleasant temps and partly sunny. I think there has been a forecast of that every single day this month.

Email us for more info, [email protected] !
--Rob

Did this event occur and if it did, are there any pics?

I’ve been on self-imposed exile for a week – on vacation in the Caribbean! :mrgreen:

I went there but it was not many bikes ,maybe 1o :?
ZygoteLittle said:
Did this event occur and if it did, are there any pics?

I’ve been on self-imposed exile for a week – on vacation in the Caribbean! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back