Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love watching the details and parts tryouts come and go as you refine your builds. It sure does look like you are getting close to the end, but who knows what surprises may pop up.
Beautiful bike man!

I love watching the details and parts tryouts come and go as you refine your builds. It sure does look like you are getting close to the end, but who knows what surprises may pop up.
Beautiful bike man!
Thanks man. Really the deadline is only a fixed point I have to cross. All of my builds continue afterwards. I like your word refine, I've never thought of it that way but now it's clear. That is exactly what we are doing.

Carl.

Cool addition on the flashlight. Bike is looking Great!

Seems we have similar lighting vision... Early last week i picked up an old style led flashlight to do the handlebar light as well. [emoji106]

Building..... Riding.....

Cool addition on the flashlight. Bike is looking Great!

Seems we have similar lighting vision... Early last week i picked up an old style led flashlight to do the handlebar light as well. [emoji106]

Building..... Riding.....
Well I've removed this from the bike as it didn't quite fit the theme of a stripped down wasteland dragster. I'm looking for a nice bullet light to mount backwards for streamlining and to be able to flip up for light...

Carl.

Late night head light mock-up. A cool Unity model 41 spotlight. I need a bushing and some acorn nuts to finish the mount...
7c5c2e42508624d11f782b34d2bf9b6c.jpg
358a8058f0cb405bd23a764ddb1aa95e.jpg

I believe I have everything I need to mount the front fender too...

Carl.

I like how the light can be dropped down for streamlined speed mode.

This bike is coming together nicely. Very well thought out.

Got the light mounted fer real. Double acorn nuts look good to me, matching the mounting hardware for the guard and rear fender. Adjusted the front end some and mounted the fender. Got a bag of little reflectors from eBay, created a stacked reflector for the back, and plugged the wiring hole on the Unity 41 with a white one. Then I took a piece of 3/8ths flat stock and made a foot for the kickstand. It makes me laugh, and I cut it out by hand with an angle grinder. It has a footprint too.
2430e3c43a2b4af5f99ac451aab38b90.jpg
8428a8b83b5463a2761d51af0a08a37e.jpg
becccba7270690292b4ac76813ba4d6c.jpg
953ce2fcc046cb2495a1d517c59c927d.jpg
7e95c792287124922aad3e5ad69a0230.jpg
e629c65672e1fb9040a16a3b9761b3ea.jpg

Carl.

Punch list is down to 3 things...
Wire the light, find a speedo cable n cog and if the saddle bag arrives in time put it on. Hmm, does it want a tank?

Carl.

Like that big head light I recent picked up the same light . Classy bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did that front fender come from?
Was the rear on a Schwinn, I cut about 3 inches off the back of it and I'm using a strut from a Raleigh, with an el bracket from the hardware store hidden up under the rat trap spring...

Carl.

Last edited:
Looks great like it is! Not sure if it needs anything else.
I love the little foot!!!:41:
That foot is awesome, and done with an angle grinder. :41::praise:
Dude the kickstand foot is too cool!!
Thanks guys, I used a 4 1/2" cutting disk on an angle grinder, a wire wheel on my drill and just a bit of hand filing. I originally started to make it for a different bike. But it did turn out pretty cool, so it had to go on this bike. It makes me smile and it leaves a little footprint too!

Carl. :rofl:

Little footprint maybe, big impact for sure! Nice handiwork there Carl.

I agree with TRM, looks good as she sits. The curve of the frame, handlebars, and fork legs would be interrupted by a tank. And the spacial relationships between said tubes might lose it's effect.

Looking good!:thumbsup:

You know I could post it up in the finished forum now...
Hey we've got 44 days left! There's a lot more super detailing that can be done, and I still think it wants a tank. So I might just have to look into that. Time is on my side. Yes it is...

Guitarl.

Latest posts

Back