West Coast Choppers Head tube size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a West Coast Choppers 20" and the fork, head set and bars were gone. Question is what size head tube on the fork is it?? 1 or 1 1/8 inch?? I do know it was a threadless fork. I need to find the right fork and start building a springer for it!! I will measure the frame head tube if that helps. Some body here must have the WCC bike.. Thanks
a4qzhj.jpg

Falstaff. Thanks that is what I need!! I measured the frame head tube and it is 35mm. and that is 1 3/8 inch. So just thinking about that it had to be a 1 inch. Now I need to find a fork and a head set. Then think about what type of springer I can build!! Thanks again.

Falstaff. Thanks that is what I need!! I measured the frame head tube and it is 35mm. and that is 1 3/8 inch. So just thinking about that it had to be a 1 inch. Now I need to find a fork and a head set. Then think about what type of springer I can build!! Thanks again.
I'll be interested to see what you come up with, I've been wanting to turn mine into a springer. You plan to build from scratch? Should be cool.

Falstaff thanks again. The fork I would like to build is like Extended Cruise that was a winner on the build off. First I need to get a 1" threadless fork just to get the started, and a head set. I might have to buy some tubing for this project. The forks are so long. Maybe if I see another West Coast I might have to buy it cheap. This will be some time before I get started on this one. I have 3 Cruisers to build this summer. A couple of repair to sell bikes as well. I'll see if I can get a pic of the Extended Cruise fork...

Extended cruise had an interesting fork, you might ask TJ how he did it. But it looks like he used part of an old classic springer and a vintage fork.

Looking at the pictures it looks like he used 3 forks. The rear shock off of a Dept store bike and cut some leading link plates. Welderup!!
a2rds0.jpg

20ihs5.jpg

309iv6q.jpg

Mine will not be as pretty as his but we will see. I have not done this but got to start some where. I need to find a few parts yet but the April swap I think I can find some forks. I was thinking to do this on another bike and then the West C C bike. Hey do you know Bryan Morraco. Another Falstaff guy??

I don't know who Bryan Morraco is.

If by April swap you mean Ann Arbor, that unfortunately will be the only swap that weekend.

Yea I did hear that Memory Lane bicycles in OH has sold out. I thought they were going to have the April show. Then get ready to close up. I live on the west side of Detroit and yes I do go to Ann Arbor swap in April. Could I get one more favor? What is the length of the fork tube? From the top down to the where the axle mounts. Ebay had some forks that look like they may work. Thanks

Latest posts

Back