West Coast Cheese Head... Finally given to its Owner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im building this West Coast Chopper for my brother inlaw who is a huge Green Bay Packer fan.I allready put a 26" up front a 24" out back ,Occ forks,some bars I cut up for it and a smaller crans set.This was gonna be my BO7 bike but I might end up stretching it about 10" and that wouldnt be legal...Any way my brother inlaw has been after me to build one for him so here we go!
briansbike.jpg
briansbike2.jpg

Re: West Coast Cheese Head

Changed the bars and threw a front tire on it 8) :mrgreen:
briansbike3.jpg
briansbike4.jpg
The lime green frame section on the bench is what im going to add ot the top tube,it will stretch it and allow for a regular seat post..

I started stretchin the frame,I got the top bar where I want it but im going to make the bottom tube straight .I think it will look better then the factory look but it all could change at any given moment you know how that goes!
briansbike5.jpg
briansbike6.jpg

Like I said it can change in an instant and it had to...I mocked up a chain and it went right into the chainstays so I flipped the rear section 180 degrees and it looks even better and the chain will work just right!
briansbike7.jpg
briansbike8.jpg

I got the bottom tube made and sleeves cut and installed also drilled rossete holes around all the sleeves.Now its ready to weld up when I get more time.
briansbike9.jpg
briansbike11.jpg

Oh man..I am drooling here...I have 3 of these choppers in my garage...2 stay as is..but the third is pretty rusted up..and i have been thinking of stretching it..this is perfect..can't wait to see it done...oh..and to start on mine now...THANKS DUDE !! :D

Thanks Fellas!I got a little more done,im changing the web gusset into a cheese wedge.I cant find the 24" coaster wheel i wanted to use so it looks like ill use the JJ 20x3" rear and maybe a 24" up front.
briansbike12.jpg
briansbike13.jpg

Re: West Coast Cheese Head...AKA "Stretched Jesse"

if you find the 24" rear wheel, you can still get a 3" tire on it with a little trimmimg, and sliding the dropouts down a little bit.

old school 64 said:
What bike donated the top tube extension ? I need to start hunting one this weekend...any progress ???? :D
briansbike15.jpg
Its a Wallyworld Next freestyle 20" I used the seatpost and top tube section upside down...

Heres the Cheese wedge gusset in stead of the spider web...
briansbike14.jpg

Awesome !! Should be fairly easy to find one..Thanks !!

FatBoy said:
old school 64 said:
What bike donated the top tube extension ? I need to start hunting one this weekend...any progress ???? :D
briansbike15.jpg
Its a Wallyworld Next freestyle 20" I used the seatpost and top tube section upside down...

happy hunting! I curious to see what ya build...Time to melt it all together :wink:
briansbike16.jpg

Ok going to not be as simple as i thought..found a nice Mongoose donor with just frame and bars today at the local fleamarket...beat up and all..she still wanted $30 ?????? :shock:

FatBoy said:
happy hunting! I curious to see what ya build...Time to melt it all together :wink:
briansbike16.jpg

luckily I found the donor bike abandoned behind my shop with a wasted back rim,probably stolen and ditched! I did see one with the same seat post on CL for 10 bucks I might grab it since im gettin another WCC frame next week. I got some time to weld and grind the frame so now some mud ,sanding,and paint coming up next! 8) :mrgreen:
briansbike17.jpg

MAN I NEED A BETTER CAMERA!!!

Okie Dokie !! Went back today..and got my donor for $20..then made the stop at my local harbor freight..got me some cut off wheels..soft pads..let the fun begin..thanks for the push dude !! :D

old school 64 said:
Okie Dokie !! Went back today..and got my donor for $20..then made the stop at my local harbor freight..got me some cut off wheels..soft pads..let the fun begin..thanks for the push dude !! :D
Right on ! Ya got a name for it yet?

My "better half" Bikingangel just got her bachelors in advertising...she is much better at that..so i will leave that one up to her...lol..

FatBoy said:
old school 64 said:
Right on ! Ya got a name for it yet?

Latest posts

Back