Weird seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d01a21e6266f63952decfd7cc808695a.jpg

I picked up this AMF cruiser a few weeks ago.I gave it to a lady for yard art since it wasn't worth anything but I did take a pic of the strange seat brace that seems to serve no purpose. Ever seen anything like it or know what its for?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Probably a home made support. The seat is way too big for that bike, so the owner probably needed more support and added that. The seat looks like an exercise bike seat, no springs. I don't think it would be a marketed item, wouldn't pass the safety standards.

Probably a home made support. The seat is way too big for that bike, so the owner probably needed more support and added that. The seat looks like an exercise bike seat, no springs. I don't think it would be a marketed item, wouldn't pass the safety standards.
I figure it was to keep the seat from rocking backwards.And yes I think that was some modified seat . I know it was not original.

The front bracket makes it look like an old motorcycle seat. If its a 1920's-30's motorcycle seat it's worth a few bucks. If it was me i'd offer to swap it for a regular seat, rather than let it sit outside on a yard art bike.

Last edited:
I looked around, the front bracket looks like an old Harley solo seat type, but a closeup of the seat and underside would help ID it.

Here's the underside of the HD solo saddle, showing its distinctive T-shaped bracket. Like Wildcat said, that would be a saddle worth substituting.

seat-tee2.jpg

Sorry guys. No longer mine.Shes "yard art" now.

Latest posts

Back