WE TALK A LOT...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I happened to be over at the CABE checking things out and noticed that Scott has over 31,000 members. I think one of the reasons his membership has skyrocketed over the past couple of years is that Mike Wolfe has the CABE listed on his list of links on his personal site.

I then looked at the number of posts and topics on the site and they show over 27,000 threads and about 147,000 posts.

Now...come back to our little neck of the woods and you'll see that we are down right chatty here. :lol:

10,538 members
49,000 threads
537,705 posts

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I will say that I've taken great strides in keeping the member list clean here. We try to delete spammer accounts when they are found so a majority of the people on the list are real people interested in RRB.

This by no means compares to some of the MTB, BMX and road bike communities, but it does show that it's a valid market and there are lots of things to be shared when it comes to old rusty bikes.

I was looking over the older RRBOs the other day and noticed the old RRBO1-5 threads went 10 pages maybe a bit more for an exceptional build probably averaged 5-6 pages at most. Starting RRBO6 the page number skyrocketed, some became more of a "chat build", less documentation more talk.

Yeah...I'm not real crazy about all of the chatting in the build threads these days...especially if it has nothing to do with the build.

At one point in the past I wanted to create a rule that only the builder could post in his or her own thread to keep things clean and easy to follow, but some folks like hearing feedback from others.

Pretty amazing. This site has exploded in the last 6-9 months. Keeping up in all the sections is no longer possible.

I am telling ya .. its got TV show written all over it... comes on right after american pickers... the skys the limit.
I have been talking to a guy I know that publishes told him its an untapped market

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...I'm not real crazy about all of the chatting in the build threads these days...especially if it has nothing to do with the build. At one point in the past I wanted to create a rule that only the builder could post in his or her own thread to keep things clean and easy to follow, but some folks like hearing feedback from others.
I know I'm a new guy here, but I say this would be a bad move. From what I've gathered so far, there is a good sense of community in this forum. Tons of helpful information and advice is freely given, and I have yet to find anything negative or derogatory. I personally wade through the personal chat in the build threads to get to the meat of the build, but I think the personal chat has a place to build stronger personal bonds, so isn't a bad thing. When/if I ever do a custom build, I hope to have enough personal relationships that honest feedback can be given, and good natured ribbing will be given and received.

You've got a good thing going here!

Yeah...and that's why I never limited the conversations. :wink:

I'm just a neat freak that doesn't want to wade through pages and pages of conversations to get to updates on a build.

I don't know about the conversation stuff. I mean, there seems to be a lot of youth minister types on here. From what I gather, those guys like to talk a lot. :lol:(I'm pointing my finger at Yoothgeye...I keed, I keed!) I say that having been in youth ministry for almost 30 years. Sarcasm and loquaciousness seems to be a spiritual gift amongst us.

jeff

Our forum is much different. Although sometimes the random chats get annoying, I like them :wink: It shows that we are really FRIENDS here :D This is a great forum as is 8)

Well, my only problem is I'm not a moderator...yet :roll: :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:
CRASH said:
I think you need to hit puberty first.

Ha Ha...believe it or not, that is a requirement. :lol:

So you guys don't want me anymore.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

ratdaddy said:
I don't know about the conversation stuff. I mean, there seems to be a lot of youth minister types on here. From what I gather, those guys like to talk a lot. :lol:(I'm pointing my finger at Yoothgeye...I keed, I keed!) I say that having been in youth ministry for almost 30 years. Sarcasm and loquaciousness seems to be a spiritual gift amongst us.

jeff
you cant point a finger at Yoothgeye ... you got to point like 6 or 8 .. har ... Ok I just wanted to kid also
he has a really good thing going there for the kids.. I am guilty .. I pop in say nice bike ..leave a smart butt comment ..
and am gone But once the rumored rat rod bikes TV show is on right after american pickers.. we will have even more
stuff to talk about ..

Latest posts

Back