WE NEED YOU! Jerald Slick may add options and make a 20" tire!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Bike Enthusiasts! Have you ever seen or used a Jerald Sulky? I have, as you can see below. I've been speaking to them and they are looking into making a couple of options for their 26x2.125 and 24x2.126 flat tread tires. They made a short run of 26" White Walls which will be for sale. As soon as I have info I'll share it. They are also looking at bring back the white wall for the 24" and 26" permanently, and also adding red lines as an option. In addition, they have a small need for a 20" tire for their cart racing community, but need more economic viability.

THAT'S WHERE WE COME IN!!

I've started a petition to show them the interest in our bicycle community. They know very little about us. Please sign it, and have your friends sign it as well!

@Rat Rod Steve, I'd like to put them in touch with you for possibly supporting RRB through advertisements. Can you PM me contact information?

Here's the petition!

https://www.change.org/p/jerald-sul..._page.nafta_milestone_share_ask_1.72_hour_ask

And here's one of my Jerald Slick bikes. Post a picture of your own so I can share it with them!

Bw1VW5.jpg

Mike, I'm really glad you're spearheading this endeavor, and I REALLY like their product.

But, before everyone becomes giddy with delight, I do have at least one major concern that has gone unmentioned here. If Jerald has not restored (or is unwilling to restore) direct mail ordering of this merchandise, then who will act as our reseller? Are harness racing suppliers apt to be so accommodating to a group of, what many would consider, "an underground counter-culture of bike kooks?" It's hard for me to believe that many will stock this item on the slim prospect that some bicyclist might make a purchase. This is a pipeline our community had best resolve among ourselves--that would make the pitch to Jerald that much more palatable and convincing.

No one wants to see distribution become so troublesome and irritating that the whole project falls flat. That could jeopardize any future chance of cooperation with the company. Recruiting an "official RRB" retailer ought to be a goal. Just my two cents.

Mike, I'm really glad you're spearheading this endeavor, and I REALLY like their product.

But, before everyone becomes giddy with delight, I do have at least one major concern that has gone unmentioned here. If Jerald has not restored (or is unwilling to restore) direct mail ordering of this merchandise, then who will act as our reseller? Are harness racing suppliers apt to be so accommodating to a group of, what many would consider, "an underground counter-culture of bike kooks?" It's hard for me to believe that many will stock this item on the slim prospect that some bicyclist might make a purchase. This is a pipeline our community had best resolve among ourselves--that would make the pitch to Jerald that much more palatable and convincing.

No one wants to see distribution become so troublesome and irritating that the whole project falls flat. That could jeopardize any future chance of cooperation with the company. Recruiting an "official RRB" retailer ought to be a goal. Just my two cents.
@Smoopy's was already lined up to be the retailer for Jerald. I'm sure he would still be willing to stock them for ratters.

@Smoopy's was already lined up to be the retailer for Jerald. I'm sure he would still be willing to stock them for ratters.

Just what I wanted to hear. In any future discussions with Jerald, we ought to emphasize that there is not only strong community interest, but a pre-existing avenue for distribution, as well. I think that fact would butter the bread considerably.

We've heard this before, I hope it's true this time.
Their business actually failed after they discussed moving forward with a 20" tires. (Unrelated failure). The business is back, and looking to expand.

I agree on gaining a bike retailer. I know one other fellow interested in helping with that.

Believe me..I’m not trying to rain on the parade here..I would love to see this happen..i think the tires would be a great asset to the custom Bicycle world(they pretty much already are)..I just think it’s gonna take more than just 140 petition signatures..more like at least 25,000 potential buyers to truly make this a reality
You're more educated on this than I have been. Reality sucks. lol Well, all I can do is try. If it doesn't happen, we haven't lost anything.

Yeah, give Justin at Porkchop BMX a shout to find out how many tires need to be sold to justify a custom order.

He's done several runs on the BMX stuff and I know he drops $20k-$40k per order.

Someone would have to sell a ton of those Sulky slicks to recover that kind of investment.

What would be the advantage of a Jerald over this Duro?
The actual width of the tire. Duro claims 2.125, but is actually closer to 1.75. For muscle bike enthusiasts who are looking for fill out the back end of their bikes like original slicks did, then Duro is not an option. Jerlald slicks in their 24" and 26" form are wide. I'm assuming they'd stay just as wide in a smaller diameter.

Is there any information on who mints the tires for the current batch of Krate re-pops? Those molds already exist and tires are in production, but are simply not being sold à la carte. One would think that Schwinn, themselves, would be glad to dispose of any leftover stock, once a run of bikes was completed.

Latest posts

Back