WBO 2017 Jan 1st to April 1st: ANYTHING GOES INCLUDING BUILDS ALREADY STARTED!---GO!---

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Days and 19 Hours to the start!

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-start-01-january-2017-countdown-clock

No need for separate classes this time, this is all in!

Only rules:

1: Must be human powered. (Can have motor as well.)
2: Build cannot be finished at the time of the first post. (We want to see some progress happen!)
3: Must be in the finished area by the deadline to be eligible for voting.
4: Riding photo or video if rideability is questionable.
5: You must have fun.
Luke, I especially like Rule #5! Should be mandatory for all build-offs :bigsmile:

Hope to see BACK40 cross the Finished Line!:thumbsup:

This might be a stupid question but how do i enter just post pics of the bikes ? This is my first time entering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Welcome to the fray! These build-offs are the best way to fully immerse yourself in the RRB community and spirit. Feel free to offer suggestions and encouragement, and ask for input and ideas on yours and other builds. That's what makes these 'wheels turn'...!

I'm interested in entering my bike In the build off can I get more info and rules please
See post #99 in this thread! (5 posts agoo_O)
and Welcome to RRB, introductions in the new member forum is always cool. Check this place out, there's a LOT to see. Especially in the Archives and since you're a new guy, I'll just copy @LukeTheJoker's post here...

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-start-01-january-2017-countdown-clock

Only rules:

2: Build cannot be finished at the time of the first post. (We want to see some progress happen!)

Carl.

Last edited:

Only rules:

That quote lists the rules.

There will be a build off thread at the top of the forums page. Just have to keep a progress thread of your own, please don't post your build in someone else's thread.

It's anything goes, even if you've already started. And must be human powered... ie: pedal driven.

I'll be finishing an old moped for this one, it has pedals to start it or if I run out of gas.

Just considering the possibilities.
photo.php
photo.php

Attachments

• 14884526_10209204774091294_1276357059402923996_o.jpg
    14884526_10209204774091294_1276357059402923996_o.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 232
I'm in. If you love Felt's Vintage Iron 400 Cross don't read my build thread. It will be upsetting to you but it will include pics of "Sorcery", which cost me nearly as much as my used low-mileage Prius did.

c2a989e0564e691bc81f072c51f8cb66.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gigmata, you always build sweet Felts. Can't wait to see what you do this time!!

Getting excited!! I'm going home after work tonight to wipe the dust off Agent Orange, make sure I have all the parts I need, (won't make that mistake again) and just stare at it until Sunday when I can start wrenching again. :banana:

That custom frame is friggin awesome. This is a higher level competition i dont think i can rival.... [emoji50]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

That custom frame is friggin awesome. This is a higher level competition i dont think i can rival.... [emoji50]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Sure you can. I've seen bikes break into the top ten just by having a great photo. Plus it's not really about winning (I can say that having never won...) It's all about the comraderie. I think I'm building the best bikes of my own yet, but 3 yrs ago, I started out by chopping up a big box bike and an OCC.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

I can't wait! I've got an early 60s Ross Deluxe, twin top tube, and since this build off is anything goes, I'm going to try and be as mundane as possible with it, lol.
Seriously, just building a simple cruiser this time, something to roll to the park or 5 blocks to the river to take my boy fishing.
Too bad @Georgeediii went the fishing route with "Riverside Hoodride" this summer, may have to steal some ideas there for fishing's sake and lose some points for originality.
I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool bikes that come out of this, none the less. Let's have some fun.

Latest posts

Back