warming up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I had the looptail already built so I decided to actually build a bike to use it. I have decided to build one without the seat post. I will figure out something for a seat . Shouldn't be too hard. Its just heavy tacked together right now.
DSCF0002-31.jpg

Right now its just to see if I can still build something.
I would be really happy if Photobucket didn't cut down the size of my pictures. I tried Flickr and they did the same thing.

Uncle Stretch said:
Right now its just to see if I can still build something.
I would be really happy if Photobucket didn't cut down the size of my pictures. I tried Flickr and they did the same thing.

Don't use Photobucket,then. I use DirectUpload.net and that works perfect. But it's in German and I don't know if there's an English version too. This is how my pics look like.

I think I got it Wimpy.

Yeah Skipton its good to be back. A little break got my creative juices moving again. :lol:

Got it all welded and some of it ground down. Still have some grinding and then build the dropouts.
Looks pretty cool as just a frame.

DSCF0001-11.jpg

DSCF0001-42.jpg

DSCF0002-69.jpg

I made an error in measurements. I didn't put enough rake in the fork. It would have made the crank too close to the back of the wheel. Today I chopped it off, built another neck and welded it back on with more rake. I also used a fork that is about 3 1/2 inches longer than the one that was on it. So its moving along. A little more welding and grinding should get it moving in the right direction.

DSCF0002-70.jpg

Thanks guys. I think the added rake made a big difference too. That was the first time I have built one without a jig ,and from the back forward. I can see where having a jig makes a difference.
I am still having a problem with Photobucket wanting to only do smaller pics. I thought I had it fixed and then no matter what my setting it goes back to the smaller ones. Guess they want me to invest some money with them. :lol:

dscf0002uk.jpg

Well got my BB welded on. Need just a bracket to hold my kickstand and I'm through welding.
Its a conspiracy....Flickr....Photobucket....Imageshack all are limiting the size of my picture down load to a small one if I don't pay them money.

dscf0002cm.jpg

warming up? how cold can it be in texas?!?
glad to see youre back....i dont think its a conspiracy though....i think its this site(pictures will appear smaller than they are here but will show a hand which means you can click them to bring them up to normal size :wink: )
at least thats the case with my pictures here......
hope to see this finished soon :mrgreen:

Sensor they just started doing the small picture deal in the last two weeks. It even says if you want the large pictures you have to join the something pro. Which translates to pay us some money.
I keep having small problems. I tried to lower the back so I stuck the dropouts up some. It makes the chain hit the bottom of the chain stay. So its cut a couple more notches lower and cut the top part off. Not a biggie , but a little glitch I wasn't counting on. Should be through in a couple days.

The site auto scales photos down to 800 pixels wide.

I think that pic above is 360 pixels wide.

Not sure why nobody else is having this Photobucket problem. :?

Latest posts

Back