Wanted park tool FT-4

Discussion in 'WANTED' started by buickmike, Dec 1, 2017.

1. buickmike

buickmike

Got a fork issue. Looking for this tool to straighten it out.....Pm with details. If available

Attached Files:

2. buickmike

buickmike

..honestly- I found one but at the price might be cheaper to buy another fork IF you could find one. Of them.

3. buickmike

buickmike

Well; although I had bought another fork- being the 37 type it was similar to 36. Igave up on original closed dropout 36 fork. Until today when I bought the FT-4.Now I can try to straighten 36 fork. IF I can buy the park tool to tweek the fork. FFS-2?

4. SirMike1983

SirMike1983

Should be FFS-2. Set up the FT-4 in the vise and mount the fork in the FT-4 so the crown is horizontal. Now you can run the FT-4 alignment gauge down the fork blades and see where the bend(s) are. I like to use the Frame and Fork-End alignment stick tools along with this rig - the FT-4 checks the alignment running down the blades, while the sticks check at the very end where the drops are. On an older, over-built steel fork like on most balloon tire bikes, a little off isn't the end of the world (in fact, many seemingly "perfect" old forks are off just a little bit). But large variations are addressed at the blades by the frame arm FFS tool and then at the drops with leverage on the fork end sticks.

buickmike likes this.
  5. buickmike

buickmike

Ya id like to do the job right... I'm gonna try to pick the Ffs-2 first.
    I've got the SS-1. Might use that?

6. buickmike

buickmike

Just saw one on the bay- exquisite condition
    FT-4
    -sold under 20 min.-

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. buickmike

buickmike

Finally found the Ffs-2. Might have to pick up the sticks to align dropouts

Attached Files: