Vwcycle Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VWs, had a few and worked on a few, it seems are a few bike people are also VW fans. So have
gone for a VW themed bike, over the years and collected a few bits and pieces here and there,
better they are on a bike and out there than in a cupboard collecting dust.

So after cruising around the net checkin out a few cool Dubs found a few with the overkill
accessory theme going down. So that's where I am trying to get, sort of the over done VW
theme. She does have an engine in the rear who ever is riding her, aircooled by the wind
and as you will see very much Dubberfied!

4ke1ra.jpg
2mmtmif.jpg

Started with a cruiser frame laid back the seat post, filled in the gap at the front with some scrap tube.

16ay2pw.jpg
142sco5.jpg

Buffed back to bare metal ready for bondo (filling) and priming.

Bit of a jump to paint went for gloss black decided it was too much so added a splash of red flash trim,
looks candy but is red, just wanted to break up the black.
30c9m9u.jpg
24mgup2.jpg

24qrh3k.jpg
1i03v6.jpg

34q0o52.jpg
33oof40.jpg

So a bit of detail, fake tank a bit of painted plywood, light an outside garden light modded with
a cheapy torch inside and it works. Light stand an old 1100 cc VW intake manifold section cut
down and inverted. Wolfsburg bonnet badge, flying VW emblem had for years one of my prized
processions, pretty rare only Aussie VWs goes so well on a bike, made for the job!

np26wz.jpg
2dkmn2u.jpg

The guards a damaged 60's Beetle bumper, cut the good ends off mega chrome VW guards.
Took a bit of tweaking as they are not even top and bottom, good thing is you only really
notice this from front on.

ev985w.jpg
2akmlcn.jpg

First serious test ride today standard cruiser in background with added stowage added and more VW stuff.

2akmlcn.jpg
34rgkmb.jpg

Now what's all this, well a fruit basket with a 60's beetle tail light, VW bonnet script and two
tappet covers off my bush found 1100cc engine. While they maybe a bit too much they are used.
The clip wires used to hold the tappet covers onto the engine are perfect to hook a bungee
to hold the gear you stow! Buffed off then sprayed flat, can't really see it but great patina.

34ihc47.jpg
2q36b6v.jpg

I have had the NSW plate for a while, thinking about painting it to VWRide would be pretty easy.

34ya9nn.jpg
1088il4.jpg

Chucked a bit of VW script on the chain guard, as i said over done VW everywhere!

25k3ejn.jpg
2myvwwk.jpg

Fahrvergnügen !!!!

Killer job! Love the fender idea and the flying vw badge is over the top!!

:D :D

Have Fun!
Marty

I think you need to find a way to make big fenders out of Beetle fenders

4021407.jpg

4021408.jpg

i love the bumper fenders and the hood emblem!!
very boneyard doggish :wink:
very cool!

Have taken this thing to the next level, she's getting a bit weighty, definitely a show pony!
21bpr4o.jpg
28mdcaf.jpg

So to go with the Aussie only flying VW emblem have added a Split Kombi indicator for headlight, 61 Beetle
indicator for fender light, little sill mirror, 60's steering wheel and a couple of badges on the fake tank.
143old2.jpg
28bz992.jpg

Put a lid on the rear basket and dressed her up with late Kombi badge, Beetle Script, the
latch is from my 74 Bay I had also scored some 50/50 tail lights to go with the Ghia tailight.
vz8u2r.jpg
29bz2o.jpg

2gujmad.jpg
11ugbv8.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back