VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i say if theres a tie between the 2....split the trophy :p
nahh i doubt itll happen but if it does i say ratrod flips a coin for the winner! guess you guys better start calling heads or tails now :mrgreen:

i call tails. the voting is always tough and very close. true normally there are a few that jump out but look at the race for 1st then the race for 3rd i mean wow. i guess there are always the shoulda coulda woulda things that could be done but in the end i think it all works out ok. it is really hard when your trying to basicly do a virtual bike show and all we have to go off of is a few pics of each bike. personally i like to really get close to look at the build quality of the bikes, what parts were used etc and that for me is what can be a tie breaker. did a bike use a stock set of wheels or not, were there cool rare parts used? but in the end it is the whole package that has to be considered.

karfer67 said:
i call tails. the voting is always tough and very close. true normally there are a few that jump out but look at the race for 1st then the race for 3rd i mean wow.

True, there's a good half-dozen bikes that could easily snag third at this point. Guys, keep your eyes on those! Gonna see some sparks fly before it's all said and done.

If there is a tie you should have to build another bike speed round style. :D

herr_rudolf said:
Voting for a tie just for tie-break's sake seems a bit silly and unneccesary. We know by now who are this years best of the best. But there really HAS to be a winner. Voters just have to be more critical and make up their mind. There is still much time so we'll have to see what people find more important: 'The best bike' or 'this poll'. I just hope people are smart enough to just vote for the three bikes he or she likes best. Nothing more, nothing less.

Still pretty exciting and fun though. I'm glad I voted early...
herr_rudolf, I think you are dead on!
and boy I am sure glad I voted early :D

karfer67 said:
........personally i like to really get close to look at the build quality of the bikes, what parts were used etc and that for me is what can be a tie breaker. did a bike use a stock set of wheels or not, were there cool rare parts used?

yeah- tie breaker.... OR deal breaker :) certain minor things like that can instantly eliminate a front runner :x i just haven't been able to vote yet- 1 crystal clear favorite and half a dozen i need to pare down to 2.........so many bikes......so many bikes...... so much fun.......:D

Well, I just have to thank the 9 people who voted for Hotrod Scooter so far. I know it's not a bike per se, but it was originally sold as a bouncer bike. I had to modify it to a scooter because it was just too strange to ride it as it was. All of the parts (for the most part) on this thing were used on something else first. Front fender--from a 1930's Monarch. Streamers--from my wife's old belt. Front wheel and fork--from Easy-E. Back hubcaps--old pan lids, AND they don't spin when the wheel spins ("never-spin" caps). The bars were bought for another project that didn't work out.

Thank you to my 9 friends.
Dos cruiser

HA HAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty pumped, I am a no voter! I know it means that my bad boy is well beyond a RAT! I love Rat Rods, I love all bikes really.
I feel that my entry is an example of a bike that makes me happy! I am not concerned about being the best, just happy to have been following the coolest bunch of bike building fanatics EVER! I am honored to be in the voting even if the voting is not in it for me. It is fun that matters, and as I saw a comment earlier state, there is one less bike in a landfill because of US!!! That is freakin cool to me.........Cheers! 8)

:? hmmm...since everybody gets three votes, and it counts regardless of position, what if the majority of the voters chose the same 3rd place bike...by default, that bike will be the winner :roll: I'm just putting it out there for thought :?
but on another note there are a lot of 1st place bikes that have just a few votes :wink: :D

deorman said:
Mastronaut, welcome to the neck-and-neck 10-way tie for no votes! Who will survive? :lol: :wink:

+1 :D I am NOT initowinit. like someone else said, it was good motivation to get er done. i might still have just a pile of parts (still do :mrgreen: ) instead of a completed bike that i'm enjoying the heck out of had i not had a deadline. i had lots of fun and learned a lot. i can see how much time can be spent "making it work", even simple things can require a lot of reworking. for my second build and first paint job, i'm very pleased with the result, exceeded my expectations. i'm really looking forward to my future builds. it was really cool to see the development on some of the build threads to the final version. you guys got mad skilzzzzzzzz! and i agree with the theory - build what you like, as the ultimate judge of your own work. now to vote, tough choice, have narrowed to about 5-6, not the most popular, but i'll vote for what appeals to my taste, and appreciation of craftsmanship. everyone built a great ride.

JoeyMac said:
in the event of a tie, the winner should be determined by a short track drag race between the two bikes.
i think you may be on to something!!!
sact. isnt that far from the bay........you guys could meet and duel on the pavement(heck ill even show up to film it..id really be going to check out the bikes in person :wink: )

vibr8shun said:
:? hmmm...since everybody gets three votes, and it counts regardless of position, what if the majority of the voters chose the same 3rd place bike...by default, that bike will be the winner :roll: I'm just putting it out there for thought :?
but on another note there are a lot of 1st place bikes that have just a few votes :wink: :D

This is true. All votes are for first place. Just some bikes got more first place votes than others.
But all of the bike in the build off are first place bikes to someone.
I think all of our fathers, uncles, grandfathers, etc. before us who removed the fenders and chaingaurds, and flipped handle bars on their bikes, long before we started doing it (the real pioneers of the rat bike, for that matter I was doing those things in the early 1960s) would dig what were doing now.

i would be down for a drag race i know how to work a tree after all last time i had the ranchero out my best was 19.69 and i was taking out 13 second cars each round cause i know u dont leave when the light goes green. but mine is going to be way slower i got one gear and she is a bit tall. so two things either a few runs and we do it bracket style or i get to bring out the ratty truck she has a 2 speed and i will go heads up with that bike. and the comment about what we are doing now was done back in the day i could not agree more. i always wait for the time when someone who has been into rods for a really long time finds this site and shows pics of kustoms he did when he was a young whiper snaper lol

How much fun it would be to see the Stripped/Teased and the Hooligan in a dragrace, I'm glad to see the poll fluctuating again! :eek:
Still, there are few more days left and a lot of potential voters...And to them:

Be smart, be honest, and vote for what you think is the best, the coolest, the most beautiful, the funniest, and the best in everything else that makes a bike a ratrodbike.

A tie is just that: a TIE. I'm okay with two winners. Both of them REALLY deserve it. As for the build-off price... Kram knows I'm gonna paint him picture of his bike if he wins because I thought it was so cool he offered HIS artistic skills for the (other) winner. Not either of them will come out empty handed.
:mrgreen:

wow! and to think, i wasn't sure if i'd make the deadline. this was my first build-off and i loved every minute of it! i would stand and stare at the office recycle dumpsters and the garbage cans in the shop every day. the chief thought i was an evil scientist :mrgreen: i AM!!! congrats to each and every bike in the build off..... BUT..... do we have build offs just once a year? i'm still pretty new to the site.
this build and all the other bikes has me looking at my stable with some big ideas!
my wife caught me in the garage talking to my 20" rat sayin' "scream all you want, nobody's gonna hear you" 8) :lol:
you guys and gals inspire me, and i hope to be building and creating bikes side by side with the rest for you mad scientists and evil masterminds for years to come!!!
CHEERS!!

Latest posts

Back