VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
37fleetwood said:
I find the build thread and the finished thread almost as important as the bike. to me a big part of the build is the excitement of seeing what the builders are doing and going through to get their bikes done. you'll miss lots of the finer details that the builders think are important if you don't go through the build threads. they are an integral part of the bike's personality. :wink:

I tend to lean towards this too, at least in my builds. If I run into a wall and have to re-think everything, you see it as it happens. It definitely makes a difference. (shameless plug) :mrgreen:

You could just go off the finished product, but I agree, the worklogs make a great tie-breaker.

Hard choices again! I wrote down the names of the bikes I would like in my garage and came up with about eight! To narrow it down to three I went back to the build threads and based my votes on the attention to detail, execution, and inovations. Lots of great design and engineering in this build-off. Congratulations to all!

The build is just as important as the bike, you guys are right. I guess I wanted to vote like a car show judge this time. I went purely on the finished product, didn't look through each builder's build diary and progress pics. Heck, I don't even know who built the bikes that I chose. I think I'm having more fun trying to guess each bike's builder than anything. :lol: So far I think Steve built the "Battlecruiser", Joeymac built the "Diesel", "Hooch-o-rama" is well, Hooch, "In with a 38" is either Karfer or Sensor, and "RUNVS" is Kota??? Did I get any right?

Man, I'm good! :lol:

OK, "Ratty News", "Galt Town Hooligan", and "Stripped and Teased" have stumped me. Karfer?, Sensor?, Oldy57? are my guesses on the raked fork, low seat bikes. Ratty News is ???? Hot Rod Girl is ????? Whoever built these, well done, all 92 bikes are sweet.

As much as I loved the way my bike came out, I'd have loved to had the time to pinstripe it myself. I'm sure somewhere down the road I will do it.

And honestly, I have seen types of bikes I've never really seen before... a full-size Krate? Slammed tandems? Lots of great "theme" bikes, and even a scooter! LOL. Some great examples of Boardtrack conversions, and even mostly stock bikes with a custom touch... I like 'em all. I'm definitely taking some ideas from these guys for my next builds.

necessaryevil i will give u a hint what club am i a member of and where do i live now? :mrgreen:

Gotcha :wink:
Awesome bike, how the heck do you ride that thing without getting a face full of carburetors? :lol:

want to do something fun, go back and compare last years builds with the same builder's build this year. some of them have a family resemblance but more times they are completely different. I was surprised just how different my two are. :lol:

The build threads can be fun to read, but in the end my choices are usually run towards a nice clean build, with a strong theme. Although flipped bars for me were an automatic DQ, just too overdone IMO, probably would've voted for one of the top 2 otherwise.

I'm glad I followed most of the build threads. I think details (or lack of em) make or brake a bike. Especially in a build-off were some of the best bikes are kinda similar at first glance. Otherwise I'd just feel like voting on the bike that wears the color that I like...

My no 1:
I had a favorite in the early stages of the build-off and expected something good. And you know... I was right. It came out perfect and if it was mine I wouldn't change a thing. That's the one I voted for.

My no 2:
My second choice was easy too. Sort of a similar result yet a very different base. It's the one that surprised me the most. (and it kinda surpises me now for not getting too much votes...)

My no 3:
Number three was extremely hard... To my opinion there were a lot of bikes on that same high level and a bit basic. I know, basic is good, ...but not if you want to stand out in the crowd. So I had to search for the bike with that certain something. I ended up picking a bike that finished in the early stages of the build-off that I almost forgot. It's a bike that slapped me in my face when I saw it finished. Hillbilly ingenuity that made me smile. A true ratrod.

Now I see that a lot of you agree with my first vote. But not so with my two others... That's cool though. It keeps this poll exciting and fun.

(anyone out there who's also feeling a bit bored after this build-off? There was a lot going on before aug 2nd, and now not so...)

herr_rudolf said:
(anyone out there who's also feeling a bit bored after this build-off? There was a lot going on before aug 2nd, and now not so...)

Every day is a build off around here. :wink:

the days after the end of the build off always have that day after Christmas feel to them. it has to do with the frenzied pace at which things must be done to meet the deadline and then suddenly there is no pressure. enjoy it while you can the next build off will come around sooner than you think.
I'd like to say something about my third choice. I pretty much picked the two leaders for my first two but went a different direction on my third choice. as soon as I start, it will quickly be apparent which one I choose. my third one was, considering the age of the builder, even more amazing than the other two. I really liked to see some of the kids of the members getting involved, and the quality of the build and the attention to detail was pretty amazing. I realize there was guidance, both in the planning as well as the physical building of this bike but I have to say, the proof is in the pudding, as predicted he's ahead of mine in votes so far! great job to you young builders, keep it up.
thumbs.gif

I just have to say congratulations to everyone in this years build off! There are so many outstanding bikes and the variety is just incredible. There isn't a single one in the bunch that I wouldn't be proud to own. It was almost impossible to narrow it down to just three, there are just too many great bikes. I think I needed at least six more votes to feel good about the bikes I chose :D . It's soooo cool to be part of a group of people that are so talented and friendly!

Rat Rod said:
herr_rudolf said:

Every day is a build off around here. :wink:

weeeeell... not quite. Not that I'm complaining though, but before aug 2nd I kept on being surprised and amused almost every day by at least 3 builders and their updates.... The final days were crazy ofcourse with builds finishing which I completely forgot. That's kinda over now...

37fleetwood has a good point comparing it to the day after christmas... :)

The good thing is, Now I have the time to surf around the other topics here on this forum. At the moment I have no plans of building another bike. I have two that I'm completely satisfied with, and the third I lend to my brother. I have no room for more builds and I definately don't wanna sell something I REALLY enjoy.

Yeah...after going through four of these build offs I guess I'm just used to the ups and downs of the traffic.

I'm having to keep up with so many posts every day that I don't normally have time to keep up with most of the build off posts anyway.

This was so much fun seeing all the bikes evolve throughout. I was kinda building mine parallel to the build off, and decided to toss it in because I thought
it might be fun. After all is said and done I feel proud to be included in an historical (92 finished) class of builders.
I'm just happy to have a really cool bike that I've wanted for quite some time. It's all good!
You guys n' gals ROCK! 8)

I'm going to hazard saying something which may offend some but really voting wasn't too hard for me, there were two I felt really stood out and the third was kind of a wild card. the difficulty would have been picking a 4th place bike. the two that stand out really stand out, and are getting the votes for a reason, props to those builders, the rest are all very good and without the top two the voting would be almost impossible. the same happened last year, there were a few bikes that really stood out. the rest while really amazing, didn't compare. the surprise to me is that it isn't the same builders standing out each year. it gives me hope that one of these times I may just hit the right combination and have such an outstanding bike as offered here!

Funny you mention that Scott. I felt the same way as you and voted using the same sorta method ("The two that stood out really stood out"). But funny in that of the two that are getting the most votes, I only voted for one of them. One wasn't even on my radar screen. (no offense to either builder) A really nice bike, for sure, but not in the running in my mind anyway.

Anyway we look at it though, we are all the winners for getting to look at all these sweet bikes!

Latest posts

Back