VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 01. 12 Year Project - LBCJ

Votes: 82 26.8%
  • 02. 1935 Rollfast Motobike - whitecoyote

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 03. 1936 - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 04. A LONG TALE - franconuevo

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • 05. BADBOY - Jake Sensi

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • 06. Bare Bonnie(ville) - Blackout

Votes: 108 35.3%
  • 07. Bare Metal Electra - hewey

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 08. BarrelBanana Lowrider - SwissGuy

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 09. Beauty is in the eye... Liner - Missing Link

• 10. Bo11 Weevil - Wildcat

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 11. Bourbon & Blue - PublicNuisance

Votes: 48 15.7%
  • 12. Campground Cruiser - azmathys

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 13. ChromeDoubt - supergoob

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 14. Crusty Flyer - Hunter Cummins

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 15. CT Schwinn - MplsCoaster

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 16. Deco DX - Jaypem

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • 17. Double Bar Denim - metalchewy

• 18. DRAGN - dragnusa

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • 19. Dreamcatcher Indian Arrow - gigmata

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • 20. Ed's 1941 Elgin Deluxe - MazdaFlyer

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 21. Elgin Board Track Racer - Uncle Shish

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 22. ELGIN Decoluxe - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 142 46.4%
  • 23. ElgIndian - brett4christ

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 24. Elgin Mutt - idiotboy

• 25. Flobar - ratrodz

Votes: 104 34.0%
  • 26. FrankenHiggins - hammer mechanic

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 27. Frankie Four Aces - SlyRed

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 28. HAUL-iN! - OneHorsePower

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • 29. HEXMACHINA - PINOYRATRODDER

Votes: 58 19.0%
  • 30. Huffman - Scribble

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 31. Krustomized Kruiser - MONARKofSoCal

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • 32. Last Minute Panic - macncheese

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 33. Mid-Western Flyer X-16 - SkyknightJohn

• 34. Miss Prissy - MrLeghorn

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • 35. Naked Panther - Chad T

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 36. Night of the Flightliner - krazykort

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • 37. Oberleutnant - kowalski385

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • 38. One - Liner - OddJob

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • 39. Peace Love and Choppers - johnp.smith

• 40. rELEVENt setback - Falstaff

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 41. Riverside Hoodride - Georgeediii

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 42. Rizzo - SoulGarageOH

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 43. Rockin' Rollfast - GuitarCarl

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 44. Ro11fast or Go Home - mrs. link

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 45. Rollfast - us56456712

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 46. SaltHammer - kingfish254

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 47. Schwinn Drop Out - gowjobs

Votes: 53 17.3%
  • 48. SPINAL TAP - bean

Votes: 59 19.3%
  • 49. Stretched Shelby - cthomps

• 50. Swamp Dog - G-Matt

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • 51. SYNRGY - bikedudeofomaha

• 52. That Old Wheel - SSG

• 53. Trans-it - oddrodal

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 54. What ever man - deorman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm with you guys. I think this unlimited voting is a good idea. Each year there are many nice builds but they might only get 1 or 2 votes because everyone is saving their vote for their top 3. Now we can vote for what bikes we really like. I think that will help out with future build offs too. I'm not saying, just because you built a bike you should get votes. I'm saying, it gets discouraging when you put 3 months into a build, only to get a couple votes and think that no one likes your bike. That's not true. Many people like your bike but with only 3 votes and so many bikes to chose from many of these builders can't see that their bike is actually liked by many. :soapbox:

Great builds by everyone this year. In an effort to narrow it down and maybe break some ties, I picked one from several different mini categories. Best Salt Flats inspired, curved seat Elgin, board tracker, most functional, etc. Even doing that I kept coming up with more and more excuses to create new categories because I didn't want to have to choose.

Tailwinds Always!
George

How exactly does one "vote?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, look over the final pics on page 1 of this thread and dive deeper if you want by clicking the links to their finished threads.
Second, decide what bikes you like the most
Third, select them from this page and click Submit Vote

Have fun!

Perhaps I'm missing something... I understand thing one and thing two... But the select them and click submit vote is throwing me for a loop. [emoji15]

Perhaps I'm missing something... I understand thing one and thing two... But the select them and click submit vote is throwing me for a loop. [emoji15]

Not sure the voting boxes are there on tapatalk, someone said something about that before...

Luke.

When on page 1 of the "Vote Here" thread, the very first thing you should see is a list of each bike name with a block to the left of each name. Click in each square of the bike you wish to vote for.

EDIT: Surveys are not visible on Tapatalk app. Voting must be on the actual website.

Another great build off in the record books ! Thanks to everyone at the RRB web site that help puts this all together.
There were less bikes this year but the quality was much higher. I think every one deserved a vote .... But my theory was to give my top 12 picks a vote ,
( the 2017 calendar club ) based on what kind of bikes I liked , not for friends of popularity contest.
Had a great build off thanks for the fun , complements , parts & comradery . Take pride & ride rat on till next year !!!!

Last edited:
I think most builders votes as soon as they knew they could. If that's actually the case, non-builder voting pushed you past me in the standings since yesterday evening.
i say this cause when anyone can vote it become like FB contest where the one with the more ''friends'' win .. i don't have allot of friends if that's what you reffer to

I know that we've always maintained that winning this buildoff isn't really the point. If that is indeed the case, then I think that the open voting is fine.
If doing well in the buildoff really does carry any weight in the custom bike hobby, then I feel that every extra vote cast takes a little of that away. Remember that every vote cast makes every other vote mean a little less, mathematically; that voting for all the bikes that you like is NOT the same as voting for the ONE (or three) that you wanted to see win.
As long as we all keep that in mind, and we're all cool with it, then I don't see a problem with the "new" format.

i say this cause when anyone can vote it become like FB contest where the one with the more ''friends'' win .. i don't have allot of friends if that's what you reffer to
You still have to be a registered forum member to vote. Let's remember that at its root, this contest is as much about driving traffic and adding members to the site as it is promoting the hobby itself. In fact, one pretty much feeds the other.

If anyone is interested, I just created a 21" x 16" poster on Red Bubble from the build off photo collage image. I make a buck or two off of each poster sale which will be applied towards the cost of photo hosting on the forum. Red Bubble handles all of the printing, shipping and customer service.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/rat...ff-11-bike-poster?asc=u&p=poster&rel=carousel

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 11.43.38 AM.png

Okay, I see where you were going with this. I'm with you on the "popularity" game, but of the 10 I voted for, I had the top 6 right, and 7 of the top 10 correct. Two of the remaining 3 tend to baffle me that they are not higher in the polls. Both were as near "perfect" as any bike in the build-off.

That being said, on a whole, this build-off has more QUALITY than any of the other build-offs....just my opinion...

Okay, I see where you were going with this. I'm with you on the "popularity" game, but of the 10 I voted for, I had the top 6 right, and 7 of the top 10 correct. Two of the remaining 3 tend to baffle me that they are not higher in the polls. Both were as near "perfect" as any bike in the build-off.

Oooh.:13: In my opinion, that's a scary mindset. There should be no "right" or "wrong" when you're voting on something like this. In fact, if my results go against the crowd, then I am usually somewhat reassured in my decisions.

That being said, on a whole, this build-off has more QUALITY than any of the other build-offs....just my opinion...

I do agree :113: with you on this one. the completed bikes this year are of a very high general quality.

Latest posts

Back