Vista Cruiser -- Completed!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same thing with a wal-mart chain if you get the multi gear chain it fits perfectly just in case you build another an need a chain

Sweet ride! I used that color on my build off bike Joan. The baby does sparkle! Peace

big kountry said:
I had the same thing with a wal-mart chain if you get the multi gear chain it fits perfectly just in case you build another an need a chain

Well, i got the multi sped chain from Whale-Mart today, and it doesn't fit the rear sprocket -- the sprocket's too thick. It fits the front chainwheel just fine, but doesn't fit over the teeth on the back one. Looks like I have to take it back, get another single speed chain and splice in a section.

I think the short chain is binding, because it's taken to saying "ka-ka-klunk" every time I pedal.

That looks like a supreme paint job! I am bad with getting the paint to finish correctly. first of all, what do you use to paint? (if you say spray can, I wont believe you!) how do you suspend your work? is it indoors? can you get the two layers to mesh properly and feel as one? is your line clean? I am such a noob at painting so I still have alot of problems to work out... :oops: thanks if you can help! :mrgreen:
-Craig

Craiggo said:
That looks like a supreme paint job! I am bad with getting the paint to finish correctly. first of all, what do you use to paint? (if you say spray can, I wont believe you!) how do you suspend your work? is it indoors? can you get the two layers to mesh properly and feel as one? is your line clean? I am such a noob at painting so I still have alot of problems to work out... :oops: thanks if you can help! :mrgreen:
-Craig

Well thank you! All the details are in here, page two, mostly. Yup, I used spray cans -- Duplicolor metal specks red. Broomhandle in the neck and the rear stays on newspaper. The only real secret is to keep the can about a foot away from the frame and lay down a bunch of light coats. Dust it with paint, don't goober it on. Then a bunch of coats of clear.

Oh, and to pull that white down into the red, I made my own stencil by sticking painter's tape to wax paper and cutting out the shape, then peeling and sticking to the frame.

noodlenoggin said:
Well thank you! All the details are in here, page two, mostly. Yup, I used spray cans -- Duplicolor metal specks red. Broomhandle in the neck and the rear stays on newspaper. The only real secret is to keep the can about a foot away from the frame and lay down a bunch of light coats. Dust it with paint, don't goober it on. Then a bunch of coats of clear.

Oh, and to pull that white down into the red, I made my own stencil by sticking painter's tape to wax paper and cutting out the shape, then peeling and sticking to the frame.

Thanks! I guess I didnt really look that hard :roll: that definetly solves some problems though :mrgreen:

I think I might be done-done with the Vista Cruiser. I got another single speed chain from Whale-Mart so I could splice in a section. Problem was, the first chain was black, the second was gold. So I sectioned both into 5 link pieces and alternated the two so they make a pattern. Now the chain is long enough, and the klunking has largely gone away when I ride. I broke my chain tool, though...split the metal on it.

Latest posts

Back