1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

vintage electric bicycle

Discussion in 'ELECTRIC POWERED BIKES' started by craiggor, Jul 10, 2016.

1. craiggor

craiggor

Hello all,first post.Here is my vintage electric bicycle.I made it in the beginning of 2015.The motor is a xiongda 2 speed 36v 250w UK street legal.I use 36v McAllister lawn mower batteries.[​IMG]

OneHorsePower, order99 and clamdigger like this.
  2. craiggor

craiggor

Nearly 2000 miles now.Plastic gears broke in motor at around 1400.Xiongda have been having trouble with this 2 speed motor.They sent me a new set of gears free of charge. [​IMG][​IMG]

The Renaissance Man likes this.
  3. OCD

OCD

Nice vintage styling, a very tasteful faux-retro ride indeed. I'd consider some vintage pedals instead of the plastic ones and have some gold pin-striping done on the tank to complete the look.

4. craiggor

craiggor

Yea the plastic folding pedals are so I can get it in my van,but it would only take a few minutes to take screw on ones off.I keep on scratching the paint so re- paint and pin striping planed.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

5. kentercanyon

kentercanyon

who makes that frame?

6. craiggor

craiggor

I made it by welding a step through electric bike frame and a mountain bike frame together,and adding a second crossbar.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. craiggor

craiggor