VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: early bicycle photos

A bit of a bump... This isn´t a very old pic but something tells me you'll like it.
52438477_5122d7932a.jpg

From http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedgear/52438477. Check out his sets (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedgear/sets/), he's got a lot of cool old bike photos.

Hugo

I dig the tandem in the bike shop picture with the dual steering. How much to rent that one? :D

Two bits huh? Well I guess the shave and a haircut will have to wait! :)

Not real early but at least 50+ years old. I know because the first two pics are me, the last was an estate sale find.
This is me in 1954 on the sidewalk in front of my grand parents house, the bikes are my uncles. They were into rat bikes long before it was known to be called a rat bike.
oldpics008-1.jpg

this pic is me and my first bike a brand new 1958 J.C. Higgins
oldpics011.jpg

Don't know anything about this pic, but its a cool bike.
oldpics009.jpg

schwinnmesa said:
Schwinn Stingray Scrambler, 1975 or later! :mrgreen:

devo_jumps_da_cans_lr.jpg

todd_bank_our_ramp_lr.jpg
That looks like my Dad's old LTD wagon in that pic. His had the wood grain. Country Squire.

Here's a pic of me getting ready to ride in the 1963 Labor Day Parade in Westville, IL. I'm the second boy in the center and I'm riding a 24" JC Higgins Spaceliner. (Flightliner?) I was 9 in this pic. All the riders got paid 50-cents to decorate their bike and ride. And back then payment was a nice silver half dollar! The girl next to me with her hand on the seat and looking back is Jeannie Michael, my next door neighbor. :oops: If you look down the road and to the right, you can see the sign at the gas station with the price....$30.9. Air was always free back then too! B607
old1a.jpg

Same pic, cropped closer.
old1.jpg

Latest posts

Back