Villiers beach cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a fuel tank on to hold fuel to try and start it. I tried for a little while but UFC 129 is on soon so im done for the day. Heres some better pics with the springer.
P3250205.jpg

P3250204.jpg

P3250203.jpg

P3250202.jpg

Gotta love free things, seen they were throwing away a hot water system at work, so i grabbed the copper pipe and fittings..... It had 2 caps that will be perfect for a petrol cap. Ill be using 1 of them on this.
Picture058.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Looks good man.
Much better without the headlight and with that fork. Gotta get rid of the pink though..
I answered your question about the engine specs on my threah.
Have you figured out the transmission? It will be a belt right? There are other guys on the forum that have accomplished that really good.
keep rollin

Thanks man, if this turns out half as nice as yours ill be happy. Haha the pink on the pulley is gone as you see in the last pic. And the blue on the forks will have to go. If i leave the bike ratty looking ill either strip the forks to bare metal and let rust a little or paint the whole bike and forks the color of the wheels.

And thanks for the link, much appreciated.

I was hoping my pulley would be able to line up with the sheave but is a little far out. So i can either shorten the crank or use a jackshaft. Ill probably go the jackshaft with hand clutch on the side of the fueltank.

I finally found some steel for the tank at a decent price..... free. So i made my tank today. Tomorrow i will make the petcock mount, tank mounts and filler cap and then go round my brothers to weld it up..... i really need to buy a welder.

Picture107.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Picture106.jpg

And i plan to use one of these copper caps i grabbed from work from a hot water system they threw out.

Picture058-1.jpg

I made some stainless steel brackets at work for my rear wheel sheave..... there will be 9 of them.....

Picture116.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture121.jpg

I got my Villiers sticker should i decide to paint this thing..... i havent decided yet.....

Picture119.jpg

Picture117.jpg

I have a question about my springers? This is hard to describe but here goes.........

My headtube is too small, so i need to get the thread lengthened on the forks. Do i need to make a top fork plate (where the fork springs bolt to) or when i get the thread lengthened and i tighten it up will the front fork legs go downwards? Because there is a big gap between the front wheel and front fork legs?

Picture122.jpg

Picture120.jpg

I stripped my forks and cut my seatpost to move the seat back, though im not sure i like it. I may get rid of the seatpost and mount the seat to the frame so its lower and further back....

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Thanks man..... im going to run a jackshaft, and either a hand shift clutch on the tank, or a centrifical clutch. Im a little broke atm so i have time to decide.

Great video by the way....

Yeah Cobrafreaks handshift was very cool, but a little different to what i was planning. His was a hand clutch that activated the chinagirls clutch. Whereas im thinking of doing what they used to do on vintage motorcycles. The handclutch would act as a lever forcing a tensioner on the belt and when disengaged the belts just slip. Much like on this bike....

http://www.vintagemotorcyclereproductio ... track2.jpg

I also cut a little more out of my seatpost. I wasnt quite happy with how it looked. I only moved it a little further down but i think it looks a lot better

Picture133.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Thanks Lugisland, you should also post your bike over here in "bikes with motors" as i ahdnt seen your bike. Very cool build.

I think i worked out my forks. I have 2 spacers under the springs, if i remove 1 it will be fairly close. Then i will just need to lengthen the thread on the fork,,,,

I think im just going to install a jackshaft with a centrifugal clutch. I looked online but all the clutches have sprockets on them. I need a pulley. Do they sell them with pulleys? If not do i just remove the sprocket and install a pulley?

Also ive never used a centrifugal clutch, so does it matter whether i use it on the primary or secondary drive? I mean does the clutch work properly by either powering the shaft or clutches pulley/sprocket?

The front drive pulley is 80mm from centre. I would ideally like to place the sheave around 35mm off centre. That would leave 45mm between the pulleys on the jackshaft and id rather not have the jackshaft any wider then the front pulley so if i cant fit the clutch between them i may have to put it on the secondary drive.

I found a Max-Torque belt drive clutch online, it has a 5/8 shaft. Is that sufficient for a jackshaft?

I took my cranks into work last night to heat them with the oxy set to clear the engine. I bent them out a little far but at least i wont be catching my ankles on the flywheel or pulley....

Picture139.jpg

Picture136.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Latest posts

Back